The bike is a 2002 Yamaha Kodiak 400 Automatic 4x4. I'm trying to figure out why this kodiak is bogging when it's under load, like in the mud. It runs fine otherwise. Starts sputtering and has NO power when it's under load in the mud. And I can get it to it in the drive way if I hold down the front brake and nail it in reverse. it spins the tires but sounds like it's missing really bad and sputtering. I just changed the oil,diff fluids, and spark plug. And cleaned out and re-oiled the air filter and it still isn't any better. The bike is completley 100% stock! Any suggestions ??
Check all your air lines....Vent cap line, Carb vent line for clogs
its supposed to sputter if u nail it in reverse. it has a reverse rev limiter so you dont get hurt
Well I'll check all the vent lines tomorrow.. then it's going to underhills sunday so we'll see how she does.... If it keeps it up then he carb is coming off next week... thats the only thing left I can think of that maybe something it full of junk in there... Thanks for the help... I'll let ya know how it does
Did it just start doing this or has it always done this?
Just started doing this a couple weeks ago... Didn't make it out this weekend... so I'll just have to wait til we can go out and ride it again..
I had an 03 Kodiak, done the same thing, it was the brakes, believe it or not the
brake cable on the left handle bar was out of adjustment. Sounds weird but thats what it was. Racked our brains at the hunt camp, we were in alabama when it wouldnt run, made for a long weekend.Try adjusting the brakes.