Today we received notification from the Internal Revenue Service that we have been awarde the status of a 501(c)3 non- profit. This will allow us to obtain grants necessary to make great things happening. We have already applied for a $50,000 grant that hopefully will be awarded at the OHV meeting on Sept 28th in Fort Myers. This grant will allow us to provide training to Trail Rangers as SVIA instructors and First Responders. The SVIA instructor status will allow us to provide the safety training course that the State is requiring all under 16 ATV riders to have be July 1, 2008. We plan on having this training at least every month on a Saturday at the OHV Center.
This is only one of the things we will be doing. Hopefully, after you go on the ride on Saturday, you will want to join us. We will need all the volunteers we can get.
501(c)3 non- profit
That is great!
awesome congrats!!!!!!!!!
How long from when you filed did it take to receive the results?
I fedex'ed tha 46 page application with $500 on August 23rd, On Sept 13th, I sent them another $250, it seems the fee went up and I did not know it. Today, Sept 26th, I got the approval letter by snail mail. Usually you get a deficency letter, but I got lucky.
Did they charge for the application? (Sorry for the lag in getting back to this. I was ill and then my daughter was)
You can get the application on line. The charge is when you sent the application in. It is considerably less if your revenue will be less then $10,000 per year, but that is a rediculously low amount.
Quote from: GrizzlyBear on October 04, 2006, 02:38:34 PM
You can get the application on line. The charge is when you sent the application in. It is considerably less if your revenue will be less then $10,000 per year, but that is a rediculously low amount.
What if you apply for it at say 10,00 a year and you find later it is more than that can you change it or do you receive a penelty of some kind?
Can not give you an answer, however, I am sure you can apply at the lower amount. If you grow, I guess you would just notify the IRS. We did not see any reason to do that as we anticipated getting grants right away that would put us over the $10,000.
thank you for the information
Sounds like it is moving right a long. As soon as thing settle down a bit I will let you know & help out. Right now though we a looking at houses all most every weekend. Glad it is working out.