I just got done reading this article and thought I would pass it on in case anyone wanted to purchase a raffle ticket. The funds from the sale of tickets will be given to him and his family to help cover medical expenses.
Link to article:
http://www.atv.info/article.cfm?id=347
Doesnt say if you have to be present to win..
i want to get into it. that bike is sweet. o and he could use the cash. ::)
I asked about it on another site. No you don't have to be present to win. :)
Quote from: Mrs.Nightbreed on September 13, 2006, 08:20:55 AM
I asked about it on another site. No you don't have to be present to win. :)
Thanks for letting us know.
Who wants to lend me 50 bucks :-*
lend or give?
Not to stir up any sh*t, but what the heck is there a raffle for? Shouldn't Suzuki take care of this guy for the rest of his life?
they shoild but i guess they arent. ???
I don't know if Suzuki is or isn't taking care of J squared, but think about it....
"BIG CORPORATIONS TAKING CARE OF THE PEOPLE WHO WORK FOR THEM"
Rare commodity, if you ask me.
I'm a cynical bastid, though.
Hopefully, Suzuki will step up.
Quote from: Mike#44 on September 13, 2006, 10:08:46 AM
Not to stir up any sh*t, but what the heck is there a raffle for? Shouldn't Suzuki take care of this guy for the rest of his life?
In the article I posted it said nothing about wether they were or not. I would imagine Suzuki would take a portion of his medical bills being that he races for him, but he is not able to race anymore as of right now. Maybe this raffel is to raise money for him so he has a little something to fall back on.
I am not sure why some of you feel that Suzuki should take care of him the rest of his life. Yes what happened to him is very tragic, try and see it this way. If you worked construction and say had your legs cut off - the construction company is going to cover your medical bills under workmans comp but they are not going to take care of someone the rest of their life.
that is where disability comes in.
Quote from: Loven It on September 13, 2006, 01:52:25 PM
Quote from: Mike#44 on September 13, 2006, 10:08:46 AM
Not to stir up any sh*t, but what the heck is there a raffle for? Shouldn't Suzuki take care of this guy for the rest of his life?
In the article I posted it said nothing about wether they were or not. I would imagine Suzuki would take a portion of his medical bills being that he races for him, but he is not able to race anymore as of right now. Maybe this raffel is to raise money for him so he has a little something to fall back on.
I am not sure why some of you feel that Suzuki should take care of him the rest of his life. Yes what happened to him is very tragic, try and see it this way. If you worked construction and say had your legs cut off - the construction company is going to cover your medical bills under workmans comp but they are not going to take care of someone the rest of their life.
There is actually a lot of information about this in the ATVScene forums. He has good insurance, but obviously with medical flight transfers and rehab, it still leaves a lot of out of pocket expenses. Suzuki also created a job for him in CA working on the team quads. He will still very much be a part of the team and have a good job with team Suzuki.