I just got a new (new to me) 2002 Raptor.
It has a pro flow intake and a supertrapp exhaust system.
It runs awesome with the choke full on, push the choke in and it misfires and runs very rough.
Any suggestions?
its lean....
Quote from: Hoosier Daddy on September 05, 2006, 06:11:03 PM
its lean....
Thats what I was thinking, is adjusting the mixture on twin carbs pretty easy for an idiot like me to do?
before you go adj anything make sure your choke isnt froe up in the carb it is very common on the 660 raptor it gets corrosion inside the choke housing and deteriates the spring for the choke the fix is to replace the choke starter valve system.
Quote from: tony pitts on September 05, 2006, 08:19:10 PM
before you go adj anything make sure your choke isnt froe up in the carb it is very common on the 660 raptor it gets corrosion inside the choke housing and deteriates the spring for the choke the fix is to replace the choke starter valve system.
Thanks, I will check that.
If I remember right, the two carbs are jetted differently(mains). I definitely remember having to richen the air screws on the bottom so my headers would quit glowing red at idle.
I have the pro-flow with a Alien full exhaust, but I used a Dyno-Jet jet kit also..... Works pretty good, just follow the directions.
Sent you a PM