Poll
Question:
What brand oil are you using in your ATV's???
Option 1: AMSOIL
votes: 11
Option 2: MAXIMA
votes: 10
Option 3: YAMALUBE
votes: 10
Option 4: HONDA Pro
votes: 12
Option 5: BEL-RAY
votes: 2
Option 6: GOLDEN SPECTRO 4
votes: 4
Option 7: Other
votes: 19
Just wondering what you guys are using???
Post if I didnt list yours!
Maxima.....theres no other 8)
torco, fully synthetic in the quads
honda pro in the bike
I use the Honda Pro. My owners manual says not to use synthetic.
i use the stuff at walmart but ob my 450r i perfer to use water& a lil bit of sand better for the bike
Motul
Klotz, But we are on alky too!!!
vegi oil ;D
Quote from: 53yfz450 on September 05, 2006, 09:37:21 PM
Maxima.....theres no other 8)
What? Maxima come on! get with the program AMSOIL baby!!!!
Your probably running the Maxima Sythetic EXTRA that like $12 a Quart!!
Freaking sponsors give it to you for like $6 bucks~
By da way im running.......AMSOIL MCF 10W-40!!! I just bought a freakin case for $100.....Freakin A~~ But it is the best Shiz- to run in your YFZ!
pensoil 20-50 works as good as anything i use it in all my repairs never had any problems as for buying the yamaha or fancy brand name stuff dont bother
of course thats only for the 4 stroke crankcase lol
Quote from: aftrmath99 on September 06, 2006, 03:32:19 PM
pensoil 20-50 works as good as anything i use it in all my repairs never had any problems as for buying the yamaha or fancy brand name stuff dont bother
aftermath, i disagree...switch to amsoil for one oil change, and i guarantee you'll notice the difference, especially when shifting...a LOT smoother
can't speak for the other oils
Mobil 1 MX4T
honda pro
MOTUL here.... :ThumbsUp.gif
Advance Auto Parts 10-40W :P 8) ;D ;)
Maxima Super M.
QuakerState Fully Synthetic 10W30
I think I'll go with 10W40 next time and see how it does. Shouldn't make a difference though.
Quote from: backinsaddle on September 06, 2006, 03:47:47 PM
Quote from: aftrmath99 on September 06, 2006, 03:32:19 PM
pensoil 20-50 works as good as anything i use it in all my repairs never had any problems as for buying the yamaha or fancy brand name stuff dont bother
aftermath, i disagree...switch to amsoil for one oil change, and i guarantee you'll notice the difference, especially when shifting...a LOT smoother
can't speak for the other oils
Yea Try AMSOIL......I felt a BIG difference in midrange-Top End shifting. It feels like the gears want to change themselves very good oil. I got 5 rides on my OIL and its still a light Gold....It feels like something is wrong with my motor cuz the oil isnt getting dirty..lol
kool
Good stuff. ;)
[attachment deleted by admin]
whatevers in the garage leftover from vehicle oil changes........... ???
Quote from: gery350 on September 07, 2006, 01:56:28 PM
whatevers in the garage leftover from vehicle oil changes........... ???
LoL. Damn Gery, I tried to come up with something funny but I can't beat that. lol.
Castor 927 here. But I'm a rebel, I don't use oil in my bottom end. ;) -Mark
Mark you should try oatmeal in the bottom end. Makes it real quit ! :P
kawachem
im using some stuff i found in my garage for pre-mix in my blaster. i think the brand is called Mineral Spirits or something
Paint thinner.. 8)
Quote from: Alba450 on September 05, 2006, 11:54:58 PM
Quote from: 53yfz450 on September 05, 2006, 09:37:21 PM
Maxima.....theres no other 8)
What? Maxima come on! get with the program AMSOIL baby!!!!
Your probably running the Maxima Sythetic EXTRA that like $12 a Quart!!
Freaking sponsors give it to you for like $6 bucks~
besim your not suppose to mention what deals you get from your sponsers........
Question?
Is there a problem going from synthetic oil to regular oil or vica versa.
Also I just place my used synthetic oil on Ebay, whos going to be the first bidder?
Quote from: jayd on September 09, 2006, 12:24:53 AM
Question?
Is there a problem going from synthetic oil to regular oil or vica versa.
Also I just place my used synthetic oil on Ebay, whos going to be the first bidder?
They say that if you go with Synthetic you have to stay with it.....But not 100% sure.
I use Pensoil 20-50 and I add Lucas oil treatment to it.
Quote from: xr100racer on September 07, 2006, 08:54:22 PM
im using some stuff i found in my garage for pre-mix in my blaster. i think the brand is called Mineral Spirits or something
mineral spirits
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!
omg thats funny as hell!!
Buddy told me this was the stuff to use. Been using since day 1. Hope I wasn't mis informed...
[attachment deleted by admin]
UMMMMM........ :o
recommended for all "normal" riding situations. Normal riding situations are when the motorcycle or ATV is used as designed and is not "lugged" or run near redline for extended periods of time.
Quote from: WPBSMOKA on September 28, 2006, 12:25:43 PM
UMMMMM........ :o
recommended for all "normal" riding situations. Normal riding situations are when the motorcycle or ATV is used as designed and is not "lugged" or run near redline for extended periods of time.
Sounds like that oil is not designed for high heat (aka high rpms or under load) for long periods of time. Meaning that the viscosity will break down and break down quicker than racing oil and will put wear on parts quicker. If you're gonna beat on it give it good "earl" ;) -Mark
I use castrol synthetic in my Yamaha but I ride a automatic CVT...It complies with the specifications in the book, forget paying 12$ a quart for yamalube.
You gotta put oil in them,,when did that start...... :K
Honda pro for me
Maxima ;)
AtvPremiumT4 :ThumbsUp.gif
I've got some left over high mileage Penzoil 10W-40 in the recon and rancher. And we've got Parts Master 10W-40 in the Arctic cat. Haven't noticed much difference between the Penzoil we had in the cat before and the cheap Parts Master oil.. Of course, it's not a manual.
ROTELLA T... YO!
[attachment deleted by admin]
Quote from: Alba450 on September 05, 2006, 11:54:58 PM
Quote from: 53yfz450 on September 05, 2006, 09:37:21 PM
Maxima.....theres no other 8)
What? Maxima come on! get with the program AMSOIL baby!!!!
Your probably running the Maxima Sythetic EXTRA that like $12 a Quart!!
Freaking sponsors give it to you for like $6 bucks~
I agree, I have ran Amsoil in everything and became a dealer for it. Good stuff
Quote from: 310R_Dude on October 10, 2006, 09:41:16 PM
ROTELLA T... YO!
I'm thinking about switching to that Rotella T "Synthetic" Grade 3 oil, or maybe some Amsoil Full Synthetic next time.
Valvoline 4 stroke 20/50 wetclutch :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif