Is it me or are my nerf bars possessed? For some reason when I ride at croom it is not unusual for me to have hugh sticks get lodged in my nerf bar nets and then stab me in the boot! I had one stick me in the bottom of my boot and it threw my leg right on to the rear tire! :o Man that was scary. I usually get stabbed a good 5 or 6 times during a ride. Thank goodness I always wear my boots because I would hate to see what my leg would look like if I didn't. Maybe it is just me? :dunno.gif
I've always wondered about that happening.thats why I haven't gotten any yet
i have noticed lots of woods racer dont use nerfs. :N maybe thats why. :D
I never had a problem with the nerf bars on my banshee at Croom but when you are woods riding and racing you have less chance of another rider being next to you and your wheels going up and over the other rides and flipping you over. I would say if you are only riding in the woods you would probably be better off just getting a set of wider pegs that turn up on the end.
Are your nets 100% tight? If there is no sag to them, it helps the debris to fall out as you ride, if any debris were to get stuck.
Also, I'd rather have the aftermarket than the plastic heel protectors that come with the quads today.
I hit a jump with those plastic heel guards, and came down off the peg, the plastic heel guard snapped, got sucked up by the rear tire, and I got sucked under the falls....and ripped right off the quad. It was gnarly, I wish I had it on Video.
I hit the ground so hard, it ripped my riding pants and you know how hard that is.
I know Chris Borich doesn't use nerfs so he can put his feet down to back up in a bottle neck.
I personally don't feel safe flying through the woods without them.