ATV Florida Forum

General => Tech Corner => Topic started by: cubnfrank on August 28, 2006, 01:26:56 AM

Title: Z400 Performance CDI
Post by: cubnfrank on August 28, 2006, 01:26:56 AM
Has anyone changed out their stock CDI unit to an aftermarket high performance CDI on a Z400. If so, how did it work and what brand did you buy? My Z400 has a Yoshimura pipe and a K&N filter. First gear is kinda short, I want to see if I could get more rev's out of this motor
Title: Re: Z400 Performance CDI
Post by: TOY_DOCTOR on August 31, 2006, 12:33:06 PM
I run the procom cdi and there is a noticable difference, it is a good easy cheap upgrade.  KEN
Title: Re: Z400 Performance CDI
Post by: cubnfrank on September 01, 2006, 03:04:26 AM
Toy Doctor, Im ready to try it. I'll look for the procom. There are so many differant brands out there I wondered what the differance was between them
Thanks
Title: Re: Z400 Performance CDI
Post by: gery350 on September 01, 2006, 07:18:07 PM
I hear dynatech is good, I have an SRP cdi box on mines and i like it alot.