UNTIL I GET THEM RESIZED... SEE THEM AT WWW.SOUTHERNFLATTRACKLEAGUE.COM
Sweet, looking good brady!!! Thanks again for stepping up to the plate!
the same for everone else thats helped with everything Else!
Track is looking great guys, Thanks for all of your hard work.
I went by today, awesome job Brady!
That dog in the pictures was left there by one of the previous scumbags :(. It was the idiot that had the red 4 door truck. That poor dog is a survivor, because there was over a month of no one out there to feed her. When we arrived to work, she was like "What's up with some food?" She is now the official track mascot. Any suggestions for names would be appreciated, I've just been calling her "Track Dog".
Lucky. lucky she isn't starved to death.
How about Clay? for clay track ???
looks nice. with any luck my quad will be ridable before this weekend is over. waiting on a few more parts from honda ;D
good luck. if they are like nissan it will be 6 weeks.
Quote from: 01ZX12R on August 23, 2006, 08:39:09 PM
Track is looking great guys, Thanks for all of your hard work.
Looks like 3 wide racing in the Open class ;D, come on in boys, the water's fine!
damn how many loads of clay? that isnt cheap i know as soon as i get my new bike ill be pitchin in payback money for the clay
I haven't tallied the load tickets yet.(I'm afraid to. LOL). It's alot, I can assure you. We still haven't even done the front straightaway yet, which is way low. The rain has kept us from working on it for the past two days :'(, and it will need to dry out tomorrow so we can work on it Saturday.
Quote from: fastrnrik on August 24, 2006, 07:41:50 PM
I haven't tallied the load tickets yet.(I'm afraid to. LOL). It's alot, I can assure you. We still haven't even done the front straightaway yet, which is way low. The rain has kept us from working on it for the past two days :'(, and it will need to dry out tomorrow so we can work on it Saturday.
well i will start my quad tomorrow for the 1st time in 4 months and hopefully ride it before the weekend is over so get to work ;)
I would love to. Believe me, I'm stressing over it. However: Fresh Clay + 2 days of rain = SLOP. If it doesn't rain tomorrow, we can start drying it out so we can work on it Saturday.
Do you need any help this weekend Brady? If so let me know and i'll tell Chris.
No, thanks for the offer, but I think we'll be OK.
Quote from: fastrnrik on August 23, 2006, 09:41:00 PM
That dog in the pictures was left there by one of the previous scumbags :(. It was the idiot that had the red 4 door truck. That poor dog is a survivor, because there was over a month of no one out there to feed her. When we arrived to work, she was like "What's up with some food?" She is now the official track mascot. Any suggestions for names would be appreciated, I've just been calling her "Track Dog".
Howbout thunder
We're now at 3 days of rain at the track. We might need paddle tires on the 2nd if it keeps raining.(jk)
I remember seein it out there. When we saw her she was tied up on the edge of the woods around turn 4. That was abck in june though , so i guess it could be a different dog. Sure does look like the same one.
I seriously hope the guy that left that poor 'ol dog for dead stays away. The guys on the crew that have been working at the track have decided that if he shows his face around there, that they will make it so that he can't eat solid food for a month. The words "hammer" and "teeth" were mentioned in the decription of their plans. Whatever. I don't nothin' about nothin'.
thats actually a cool lookin dog too thats really crappy that someone could just leave her there ill bring my hammer too
did anyone notice the name of the dog on the pics?
I did. It's funny, when tim comes out, she covers her "private parts" with her tail, and runs and hides. I don't really know why. If only she could talk.
SPEAK GIRL, SPEAK GIRL.... WHAT'S THAT?.... TIMMY'S IN THE WELL?.... NO?.... OH, TIM'S TRYING TO FONDLE YOU... QUICK, RUN & HIDE...
that's pretty good.
"Pretty good"? A joke on a buddy with a Lassie reference is "pretty good"?
Tough crowd.
Quote from: fastrnrik on August 25, 2006, 03:56:53 PM
SPEAK GIRL, SPEAK GIRL.... WHAT'S THAT?.... TIMMY'S IN THE WELL?.... NO?.... OH, TIM'S TRYING TO FONDLE YOU... QUICK, RUN & HIDE...
Actually, I thought it was classic!
Quote from: Skully on August 26, 2006, 10:53:28 AM
Quote from: fastrnrik on August 25, 2006, 03:56:53 PM
SPEAK GIRL, SPEAK GIRL.... WHAT'S THAT?.... TIMMY'S IN THE WELL?.... NO?.... OH, TIM'S TRYING TO FONDLE YOU... QUICK, RUN & HIDE...
Actually, I thought it was classic!
I'LL SECOND THAT :P
I sure hope you aint talkin bout me. Hate to see someones ass whooped over this. :o ;)
Can we name the Track Dog Brewmaster?
Quote from: Quad32x on August 26, 2006, 03:29:02 PM
I sure hope you aint talkin bout me. Hate to see someones ass whooped over this. :o ;)
Just how big a boy are ya?
lol
Quote from: Skully on August 26, 2006, 04:56:37 PM
Quote from: Quad32x on August 26, 2006, 03:29:02 PM
I sure hope you aint talkin bout me. Hate to see someones ass whooped over this. :o ;)
Just how big a boy are ya?
You may of heard of me ! :stoogies.gif
Yeah here is is..
(http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m88/HillKiller/Funny/Tim.png)
MAN!! if i see that pic one more time i am going to puke!! LOL ???
Quote from: derek330 on August 28, 2006, 10:45:17 AM
MAN!! if i see that pic one more time i am going to puke!! LOL ???
Yes I know! I sure hope Tim got rid on those shorts! I heard he got them from Gary! ;D
My girlfriend wanted me to show Dave what she thinks of his PhotoShop work. ;)
[attachment deleted by admin]
Nice One Tim !!!!! ;D
Meanwhile........ Back on the Ocala Construction topic....... Any news on the track progress?
Skull Man you have a PM ! ;)
any updated pics coming? how are things looking for the first race?
the forecast for sept 2 is SLOP!!!!
People have been asking me, so I thought I would give everyone an update on the track. The installation and rough grading of the new clay is complete on the track and the access(grid) road. The track shape, length, and banking is now set. There are several days of fine finishing on the surface yet to do, but the major dirt work is complete. There is a swail around the entire inside circumference of the track to direct water away from the actual racing surface, and into the drainage system. There are no more "hazards" parked in the infield. I'm sure some of you remember the guy hitting the pile of guardrail? I was there...not pretty. I know I never really liked coming up on an old motorgrader just off turn 1 at 50 mph LOL.The mud bog hole in the infield has been filled, but I can't grade it smooth, because it's just too wet. A John Deere 450 wide track dozer sank to the seat in it. When it dries out enough, I'll smooth it off.
We actually ran my friend Ricks Raptor on it yesterday to feel it out. For everyone who has raced there in the past, I can tell you it is an entirely different track to run on. It is noticeably wider, longer, more banked, and every turn radius has been changed. I think the new track layout will promote more actual racing and it should be really FAST after I finish getting the surface prepped.
I will try to get some updated pic's in a day or so.
Brady........
I just wanted to let you know I voted for you for Governor today!!!!
Well thanks. Now I need a scandal. Maybe I'll streak through Tallahassee.
What about your affair with Ponch ? :o
You leave Ponch out of this. Just remember, talking smack about Ponch will only get you a vicious beating, but picking on Crockett and Tubbs will get you dead. (cue Miami Vice theme song)
Something you want to tell us ? :o
[attachment deleted by admin]
Crockett is the man. You know he is, because I saw the poster version of that picture hanging in your shop.
;D
[attachment deleted by admin]
Just thought I would give everyone a quick update on the track. I had a few quads and a few karts come out on Saturday and run the track. I personally didn't ride, but it seemed to be a very fast track. Turn 4 tried to push the quads torwards the fence just a little too much for my liking. I don't want anyone to go flying through the fence or get hurt, so tomorrow I will add another foot to turn 4's banking. This should help with speed and safety. Also, ALL the lights on the track blew and cut our evening short. Seems an extremely RIGGED electric service and breaker box was the culprit. The electricians showed up today to start fixing it.
Anyway, racing is ON for the 16th. Hope to see eveyone there.
hey fastrnrik what time you starting the races what time are racers gonna start showin up ?
Racing to start at 7. I would get there around 3 or 4 to get your spot to park.
Lats time we went we showed up @3'30 and sat there for 3 hrs before anybody else showed up.
"last time" you showed up I didn't own the facility either. My races are going to run in a smooth, well organized manner. You can show up any time you want, but 3 hours from 3:30 is 6:30, which means you'll miss registration, drivers meeting, and practice. I personally like to be early to avoid any problems. I've spoke to several people who are coming at noon. So it's up to you.