do polaris bikes have a lot of problems? i noticed most of the problems in the tech corner are related to polaris (and kawi). im not tryin to make an argument but just wonderin.
In my experience Polaris Utilities have given owners nothing but trouble. They have a quite a few design issues. But then again you will find people that swear by them. In my opinion as far as reliability and problem free riding, Honda/Suzuki then Yamaha then Kawisaki then Bombardier then Polaris.
I Like Suzuki..
like 50 percent of the topics in tech corner anr polaris. o well. guess i will never buy one.
HA HA , check the Highlifter forums under Polaris... >:D
LOL. ok. i will.
Hey Now...!
I think my problem is just a belt, and that's my fault for pushing it after getting stuck...but they did have some problems in past years, but have solved most of them I think....any belt drive automatic can have belt problems....There are good and bad points to all of them and every owner swears by what they bought....I know mines not the fastest, but it runs plenty good...(Sportsman 800)....and I went anywhere the Honda's were going at mudfest...(with the same equipment)....
cool down. no offense. i was just wonderin. there are like 6 recent topics bout them.
It all depends on how you maintain them. I personally am sold on polaris. If you go out and mud like we do you can tear anything up. I have not seen a brand yet that has not broke doing what we do. If I do then I will buy that brand. Maintanence is the key to any brand lasting longer.
I was thinking about getting my girlfriend a used polaris scrambler 400 4x4, are those any good?
from all the problems ive seen with them i wouldnt look at them. maybe yunt2ride is right and it is all bout the maintenance but im leary of them. do yourself a favor and get a honda.
atric cat 400 best around 02 400 4x4 still running stong 1 of the only that dont need pulling out most of the time
i take it you like arctic cat?
yeah it been a good bike that has ridden strong since the day I got it from showroom but I am looking to get a H450r now too!
good choice.
I currently have seven Polaris quads. The only ones I had any problems with have been my 2 Phoenix 200's. Once they were sorted out even they have been great. 2 weeks ago I sent my Sportsman 500 cartwheeling down a mountain,approx 100 ft drop. I drove it back to the truck (5 miles). I'm sold on them. I've owned a couple of every brand, they are only as good as thier owners. :-*
Quote from: Raptor660R on August 24, 2006, 01:18:44 PM
I was thinking about getting my girlfriend a used polaris scrambler 400 4x4, are those any good?
i really dont like em...in pretty sure a warrior would smoke one cuz my friends moms boyfriend had one and it was slow as heck
Maybe but put some mud in play and the warrior becomes crap in the way as for polaris I have never had one so I could not comment on it
true i guess it just depends on what you wanna do w/ it btw im talkin about woods ridin so yeah....
Quote from: PREDOCROSS on October 21, 2006, 07:26:33 PM
I currently have seven Polaris quads. The only ones I had any problems with have been my 2 Phoenix 200's. Once they were sorted out even they have been great. 2 weeks ago I sent my Sportsman 500 cartwheeling down a mountain,approx 100 ft drop. I drove it back to the truck (5 miles). I'm sold on them. I've owned a couple of every brand, they are only as good as thier owners. :-*
What kind of problems did you have with the pheonix. I am getting ready to purchase a 200cc Sawtooth for my daughter and would like to know before I buy it. All I own is Polaris and I am sold on them.