The suspension on my Rancher squeaks a lot. I don't see any place for grease fittings. Does anybody know how to stop this. Do I need new shocks?
Spray some WD40 where the bolts mount them. The bushings are probably squeaking.
Some WD40 will work for a little while, but I'd put some kind of grease in there that'll last longer.
the same thing happened to mine, the bushings started squeaking. i tried greasing them but that didnt last very long. had to get new bushings, it was like 4 bucks at the local dealer, just a round metal piece the bolts through. once i got those and gresed them it stopped
I don't know how old your rancher is, but if its been used hard in the mud and stuff check the ball joints for wear too. It seemed like the front suspension on my nieghbors was squeeking. Took the front end all apart and greased it. Still squeeked really bad. Ended up that the ball joints were worn. The protective boots were in good condition but pulled them off and there wasn't any grease left in the joints and they were full of grit. Replaced all 4 joints (not much fun), but no more squeeking when the suspension was compressed and released.
I did the WD-40 trick in the bushings and it stopped. I can handle doing that ocassionally. I also used the little tube to get it in the whole bushing. I have run in some water but for the most part I've been good to her. Thanks for the suggestions.