ATV Florida Forum

General => Tech Corner => Topic started by: lovles2274 on August 15, 2006, 07:00:15 PM

Title: Suspension question for a Raptor 660
Post by: lovles2274 on August 15, 2006, 07:00:15 PM
Hi everyone....I know that a YFZ450 front shocks will fit on my Raptor but I've heard that the rear shock won't fit.  I want to know what would be a good upgrade for the rear shock without spending the cash for a new aftermarket piece.  Is there shock from another quad that I could get to upgrade.  Or, have I heard wrong and the YFZ450 rear will fit??? 

Also, I've heard that the new LTR450's front shocks are set up stiff from the factory.  I have +2 a-arms so if the stock shocks from the Suzuki would fit I think they might be a good setup for me (240 pound rider)...

Give me some input...I think my rear shock is defective (worn out, seals blown, something).  Its a 2004 and I can't tell any change when adjusting the compression.  The rebound adjustment still works...

John
Title: Re: Suspension question for a Raptor 660
Post by: klutchbuster400 on August 15, 2006, 07:12:34 PM
Get a re-valve for the rear,
What kind of suspension do you have in the front? Cant be stock if you have plus 2 a-arms. Unless you are running standard travel, then you couldnt use lt-r shocks becuase I think ( dont qoute me) the lt-r has long travel shocks.
Title: Re: Suspension question for a Raptor 660
Post by: svtbolt04 on August 15, 2006, 07:26:37 PM
Get YFZ450 fronts, send your rear shock along with the YFZ shocks to GT thunder and get them revalved and re-sprung.. Your looking at 700 bucks, but people swear up and down that Laz does a great job and makes it just as good as any other shock company out there.
Title: Re: Suspension question for a Raptor 660
Post by: 01ZX12R on August 15, 2006, 10:06:28 PM
I have a rear Elka for the Raptor also have the Elka link. I am parting out my raptor.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Title: Re: Suspension question for a Raptor 660
Post by: klutchbuster400 on August 16, 2006, 12:17:50 AM
I think I've seen that bike at seminole before...
Title: Re: Suspension question for a Raptor 660
Post by: 01ZX12R on August 16, 2006, 12:21:07 AM
Never been to Seminole, just Sandmountain and ONF
Title: Re: Suspension question for a Raptor 660
Post by: klutchbuster400 on August 16, 2006, 12:22:23 AM
Quote from: 01ZX12R on August 16, 2006, 12:21:07 AM
Never been to Seminole, just Sandmountain and ONF
Oh ok, saw an all black raptor with elkas about 3 weeks ago their, thought it was yours :D