ATV Florida Forum

General => Tech Corner => Topic started by: Fox17 on August 15, 2006, 05:22:49 PM

Title: alba action.
Post by: Fox17 on August 15, 2006, 05:22:49 PM
ive heard a lot of good stuff bout their exhaust but what bout their bumpers, nerfs, grabbars, suspension, and all that kind of stuff?
Title: Re: alba action.
Post by: TRX450R_Racer on August 15, 2006, 06:39:50 PM
I'm not familiar with any of their stuff except their exhaust. One thing I know about their exhaust is it is way to LOUD!!
Title: Re: alba action.
Post by: klutchbuster400 on August 15, 2006, 07:10:43 PM
Dont get suspension, I'll have to look into it myself But I think they dont offer you the same customization as other companies.
Their nerfs are awesome, I havent had a problem with mines. Their bumpers are really good to. I have to say Alba is probably my favorite company out their. Their stuff is inexpensive and great quality!
Title: Re: alba action.
Post by: Fox17 on August 15, 2006, 09:10:28 PM
the suspension i looked at was +2 width with elka shocks (any elka series you want). it comes with tierods and the balljoints or whatever they are called. o yea and a ss brake line.
Title: Re: alba action.
Post by: 53yfz450 on August 15, 2006, 09:23:09 PM
dont get elka you will be sorry. and as for the a arms. i would get long travel if your into MX.
Title: Re: alba action.
Post by: Mrs.Nightbreed on August 15, 2006, 09:52:50 PM
Whatever a-arms you go with, make sure they are chromemoly and not mild steel.
Title: Re: alba action.
Post by: klutchbuster400 on August 15, 2006, 11:42:23 PM
Quote from: 53yfz450 on August 15, 2006, 09:23:09 PM
dont get elka you will be sorry. and as for the a arms. i would get long travel if your into MX.
What do you have agaisnt elka jake?
I have the crappiest line, the fully NON adjustable and I freaking LOVE them.
I just have to work on getting a rear now :D
Title: Re: alba action.
Post by: 53yfz450 on August 15, 2006, 11:46:19 PM
oh trust me when i 1st got mine and didnt ride any other shock before. i loved them too. and then i rode other shocks and well lets just say i tossed the elkas. ;)
Title: Re: alba action.
Post by: klutchbuster400 on August 16, 2006, 12:16:21 AM
Quote from: 53yfz450 on August 15, 2006, 11:46:19 PM
oh trust me when i 1st got mine and didnt ride any other shock before. i loved them too. and then i rode other shocks and well lets just say i tossed the elkas. ;)
I've rode a pep yfz, and an axis 450r,
I didnt feel to big a difference from either :-\
Havent tried stadium yet.
Title: Re: alba action.
Post by: 53yfz450 on August 16, 2006, 12:18:19 AM
if you rode a PEP yfz and a AXIS honda and didnt notice a difference from your standard no ressi elkas you must have a magic set.lol
Title: Re: alba action.
Post by: klutchbuster400 on August 16, 2006, 12:24:21 AM
Quote from: 53yfz450 on August 16, 2006, 12:18:19 AM
if you rode a PEP yfz and a AXIS honda and didnt notice a difference from your standard no ressi elkas you must have a magic set.lol
Lol, I meant I didnt feel a difference between the axis and Pep,
It was a huge difference between those and my standards, no comparison.
Title: Re: alba action.
Post by: 53yfz450 on August 16, 2006, 12:25:13 AM
hahahaha i was going to say........lol
Title: Re: alba action.
Post by: klutchbuster400 on August 16, 2006, 12:26:38 AM
Quote from: 53yfz450 on August 16, 2006, 12:25:13 AM
hahahaha i was going to say........lol
Ha, Im not that cocky :D
Title: Re: alba action.
Post by: Albright335 on August 16, 2006, 12:28:39 AM
If you are looking into suspension...I would look into GT Thunder. They take your stock shocks and modify them...they come back with the ATV FourPlay A-Arms...and the price is AMAZING you can't beat it - Anywhere...not for the quality. I have ridden this setup on a quad and I will be having GT set up my 2007 YFZ  :P

PS: I would not put one dime into Elka suspension...to few people are happy with it...most everyone I talk to and from my experience say they are awful.

Jen
http://www.gtthunder.com/