I GOT DSL ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
QuoteI GOT DSL ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
how have you lived this long with out it? :o
congrats. now you'll enjoy the internet 8)
I LIVED 2.5 YRS WITH dial up >:( i wont know what to do with the extra time ;D
some 700+ posts on dial-up. thats brutal.
DAM dreth I thought with as fast as your 450R is..your internet would be just as fast ;D
what can i say , im adie hard ;D
dang buddy,,,,welcome to half of the internet ;-)
Cable modems round here run at least twice the speed of DSL, and my company is getting our T-3 turned up next week to 6Mbps(for the non techies this is about twice as fast as the top speed of a cable modem)
Id@
yes it is true there are a few of us dial up guys still around, I am only at 115k.
Quoteyes it is true there are a few of us dial up guys still around, I am only at 115k.
whats dial up?
;D ;D
YAY FOR 28.8k and 56k!! 8)
Quotedang buddy,,,,welcome to half of the internet ;-)
Cable modems round here run at least twice the speed of DSL, and my company is getting our T-3 turned up next week to 6Mbps(for the non techies this is about twice as fast as the top speed of a cable modem)
Id@
so basically your saying its sykik,hehe ;D
Quotesome 700+ posts on dial-up. thats brutal.
i still have dial up. that dam motion video you have kills me. it takes forever to scroll past it. if you have several post in a row i have to get out of the thread.
jeff
I'm also a dial up dumbie.....i think.......there's a phone cord that goes into the wall.....and it takes forever to view all the posts each day.....do I qualify lol j/k.....they dont offer dsl n my neighborhood yet but they say it's coming......AOL Broadband any good b/c I can get that now?!
i used to spend 4 hrs posting pics on dial up >:( we will see how long it takes after this weekend ;D. im sure there will be alot of pics
Quotei still have dial up. that dam motion video you have kills me. it takes forever to scroll past it. if you have several post in a row i have to get out of the thread.
jeff
I agree! That clip slows the whole page down. And I'm running cable! No offense RL!
congrads now u get to experience internet that acually works
Congrats Dreth!! I got cable modem 6 months ago. It wasn't available in my area until then, neither is DSL. I had dial up since 1995. I love the cable modem. I had to get a seatbelt for my chair. Also cable modem is 11 times faster than DSL.
We've had cable for a few years now and love it.
My wife just spent the last 6 days in the hospital for complications from Gall Bladder surgery. I stayed with her at night and had to use dial up from the room. I couldn't freakin stand it. It took forever for the page to open, Every time I read the next post it took at least 45 seconds for it to open.
I will never go back to fial up again.
QuoteWe've had cable for a few years now and love it.
My wife just spent the last 6 days in the hospital for complications from Gall Bladder surgery. I stayed with her at night and had to use dial up from the room. I couldn't freakin stand it. It took forever for the page to open, Every time I read the next post it took at least 45 seconds for it to open.
I will never go back to fial up again.
kept meaning to give you a call, but I figured if you werent calling there was a reason.
how is she?
if you prefer not to answer here, or at all,,,,no hurt feelings.
Id@
ya man dsl is the best
dsl rocks
ya
Quote from: Ida_Mann on November 04, 2004, 05:27:47 PM
dang buddy,,,,welcome to half of the internet ;-)
Cable modems round here run at least twice the speed of DSL, and my company is getting our T-3 turned up next week to 6Mbps(for the non techies this is about twice as fast as the top speed of a cable modem)
Id@
How much does a T-3 connection cost a month?
Quote from: GaryinSeffner on November 04, 2004, 07:07:58 PM
I'm also a dial up dumbie.....i think.......there's a phone cord that goes into the wall.....and it takes forever to view all the posts each day.....do I qualify lol j/k.....they dont offer dsl n my neighborhood yet but they say it's coming......AOL Broadband any good b/c I can get that now?!
AOL Broadband is a service that uses your existing high-speed internet connection. So in a nutshell it isn't broadband, its just as useless as Internet explorer only you pay $25+ a month for it. Yes, I am still on Dial-Up and I play online games, or atleast I tried to because I gave up. Everytime I play Halo or anything else AOL gives me the boot. We have both Cable and DSL connections available in my area but my parents choose not to get either, so I figure its time for me to stop being lazy and pay for my own cable connection.
Quote from: Shotgun on October 30, 2005, 10:08:26 PM
How much does a T-3 connection cost a month?
hundreds.
rl.
Quote from: Shotgun on October 30, 2005, 10:08:26 PM
Quote from: Ida_Mann on November 04, 2004, 05:27:47 PM
dang buddy,,,,welcome to half of the internet ;-)
Cable modems round here run at least twice the speed of DSL, and my company is getting our T-3 turned up next week to 6Mbps(for the non techies this is about twice as fast as the top speed of a cable modem)
Id@
How much does a T-3 connection cost a month?
depends on how fast you want it,,,at my former employ, the company was paying about $1500 a month.
Id@
congats on your dsl, I got it over cable because it came by my house 1st. nothing but trouble some nights slower than dailup,but I'm stuck with it for a year.then its cable for me
We are on Road Runner and the office and house. The office is 5mbps and the house is 10mpbs. If you get brighthouse's Digital Cable, Digital Phone, and Internet you can get 15mpbs.
caongrats. i got sprint DSl love it :)
thas kool ya
i had dsl for liek 5 years its so awsum