ATV Florida Forum

General => Tech Corner => Topic started by: Yamaha72 on August 08, 2006, 02:19:07 AM

Title: NGK Iridium IX Sparkplugs....
Post by: Yamaha72 on August 08, 2006, 02:19:07 AM
I would like to put one in my Raptor, as they are stronger, fire better and are just overall better.... If I get one it will be the stock heat range... Will this require me to rejet?, as my raptor runs a little rich on the stock plug... What are the benefits of an Iridium plug? All the people I ride with run them and they seem to make the bikes run smother and stronger... and for only $7.00 it would be worth it. What is your input on these relatively new pieces?

Thanks Yamaha72
Title: Re: NGK Iridium IX Sparkplugs....
Post by: RAD 450r on August 08, 2006, 03:04:21 AM
Ive read this on an other forum, might help

http://www.raptorforum.com/index.php/topic,2600.0.html
Title: Re: NGK Iridium IX Sparkplugs....
Post by: RJ on August 08, 2006, 12:22:02 PM
A friend of mine gave me one of these to try in one of my 250r's. My first thought was a person has to be nuts to spend that much for a spark plug. Boy, was I wrong. It felt like I gained a few horsepower. So, I put them in my YFZ, 330r, my kids' 295 powervalve and 400ex. All of the engines run smoother, cooler and stronger. They seem to give a more complete burn to the fuel and they last much longer. It may not be a piece of expensive, flashy chrome to make you look fast, or a bunch of big dollar go fast bolt ons, but your quad will appreciate it.
Title: Re: NGK Iridium IX Sparkplugs....
Post by: Fox17 on August 08, 2006, 10:10:43 PM
i couldnt find one for a YFZ 450? what is the serial number or whatever?
Title: Re: NGK Iridium IX Sparkplugs....
Post by: Yamaha72 on August 09, 2006, 01:11:00 AM
Mostly all the new 450's come with them installed from the factory... ;)
Title: Re: NGK Iridium IX Sparkplugs....
Post by: Yamaha72 on August 16, 2006, 12:22:45 AM
Man what a difference this made..... I just put on a 12-tooth front sprocket aswell.... can anyone say 4th gear + wheelies... :L 2:L :L 2:L  I honestly can't keep the front end down... up to 3rd, then 4th it will come up a little.... when i'm not even trying to do a wheelie, a TORQUE MONSTER and I love it.