:M We have got 9 people two trucks 24 ft. trailer 7 quads and 2 dirtbikes already going. anyone want to join the wagon train to the atv mecca of the world. :drive.gif
If your diving and I can ride with one of you guys I will try to find some time off to make it.
Any additional details? How many days do you plan to travel (actually on the road) and where do you plan to stay? I know if you team drive you can make it in 2 days but you'll be pretty well shot. I might be up for it. I was thinking about maybe Little Sahara in Oklahoma, but, hey, Glamis would work!
that would be awesome. I would love to go. I will keep it in mind
We will be going straight through to glamis. Its 40 hrs. of drive time. This makes my 3rd time going.
Everyone drives taking turns every gas stop. We take our time no need to rush so we eat normal meals and all. Its not bad. We have 2 vehicles filled up,which sure helps money wise.
Thats why I said wagon train. If more want to go we need more vehicles.
we leave saturday and arrive monday morn about 3:00a.m.We are renting an Rv from luv to camp and it will be set up before we arrive. we'll have it for 5 days.Then we go for a final ride in the morn on sat. and return by mon.
This is going to be my final time so I want it to be the best!
im going to even if i have a dolllar :)
If you dont have 1499 more of those dollars you aint going nowhere but the sand box at the park down the street. :stoogies.gif
Quote from: quads_only on August 09, 2006, 08:07:12 PM
We will be going straight through to glamis. Its 40 hrs. of drive time. This makes my 3rd time going.
Everyone drives taking turns every gas stop. We take our time no need to rush so we eat normal meals and all. Its not bad. We have 2 vehicles filled up,which sure helps money wise.
Thats why I said wagon train. If more want to go we need more vehicles.
we leave saturday and arrive monday morn about 3:00a.m.We are renting an Rv from luv to camp and it will be set up before we arrive. we'll have it for 5 days.Then we go for a final ride in the morn on sat. and return by mon.
This is going to be my final time so I want it to be the best!
why is this your last time????
Quote from: T2 on August 08, 2006, 09:55:49 AM
If your diving and I can ride with one of you guys I will try to find some time off to make it.
you aint going nowhere! $1500, did you fall off your quad and bump your head Tony ???
Quote from: dreth on August 11, 2006, 09:30:10 PM
Quote from: quads_only on August 09, 2006, 08:07:12 PM
We will be going straight through to glamis. Its 40 hrs. of drive time. This makes my 3rd time going.
Everyone drives taking turns every gas stop. We take our time no need to rush so we eat normal meals and all. Its not bad. We have 2 vehicles filled up,which sure helps money wise.
Thats why I said wagon train. If more want to go we need more vehicles.
we leave saturday and arrive monday morn about 3:00a.m.We are renting an Rv from luv to camp and it will be set up before we arrive. we'll have it for 5 days.Then we go for a final ride in the morn on sat. and return by mon.
This is going to be my final time so I want it to be the best!
why is this your last time????
Last time because Ive been There done that. Time to try something new. Like sand lake dunes in michigan or dumont in texas. Theres way more places to be explored. Do you know what I mean?
it wont be long we just got our raptor 38ft toy hauler. were going to start doing some travelin ourselves. were headed to durhamtown tomorrow night. maybe next trip to michigan or utah or where ever for that matter.I would wish ya'll a great time but I know ya'll will have a greeeeat time.
HEY I GOT the truck whos got a trailer =) get a third truck going =) im down i got paid vaction time on its way hehe ...
i would LOOOOVE to go, but i have no vacation time right now nor do i have 1500 to throw down :( have fun, bring a video camera!
if you only knew how long ive been seeing pictures ,satelite ,magazines,duneguide, just so many times i must go to glammis before i die this looks like my utimate playground any room for one more ill pay to go to the place ive been dreamin bout please tell me so i can go would not mind flying instead of driving (me,my bike, andgear) please i gotta go someday im gettin nuts already to go to either glammis,pismo,st anthonys or similar
I grew up going to the dunes area of Michigan (even went to Silver Lakes a couple of times, no bike though). I guarantee it's nothing compared to Glamis. Not only that, because of the sheer number of people trying to get in, you have some very anal rangers busting your balls over every little item, especially dBs and spark arrestors; all of this to have access to 450 acres of sand, which is less than a fifth of the area of Croom. You need to take a look at Little Sahara in Oklahoma. It's the only real dunes East of the Rockies and it's only 1400 miles away from Ft. Lauderdale; about the same distance to Silver Lakes in Michigan. It is 1500 acres of dunes, some up to 75 foot high. Check out this website:
http://www.duneguide.com/sand_dune_guide_little_sahara_ok.htm (http://www.duneguide.com/sand_dune_guide_little_sahara_ok.htm)
or
http://www.shopoklahoma.com/littlesa.htm (http://www.shopoklahoma.com/littlesa.htm)