Hey, I posted this video over in the photos section... http://youtube.com/watch?v=LRlcBFIl9vY
And I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a weekend trip to do some sledding.
I'm sure we could hook up a package deal through one of the sledding rental companies.
Anyone up for this?
If you can recommend any places to go from experience that would be great.
I'd like to find a place like Durhamtown with cabins, so you could park your rental sleds out front and just get to it.
I know it's a long way off, but I kinda wanted to get an idea of how many people might be intersted.
I would deffinately like to go do that. I dont know where to go other than north.
there are plenty of places (although I can't name any). Entire towns close roads in the winter and open them only for the snowmobilers, groomed trails, good stuff. Michigan, Wisconsin, my parents used to go to Old Forge NY. I'm sure a quick search will turn up a bunch of options
Not this year but another year would be great.
This place looks pretty promising, I know its in Colorado but they have several models to choose from and a whole day tour is $200 which is pretty reasonable compared to the other prices I have seen.
http://trailblazersnowmobile.com/Home/tabid/1/Default.aspx
http://www.fishweb.com/recreation/snowmobile/trails/nwl.html
Head up to here ( Indian River , MI ) every Jan. for 1 week . What a blast !! Hundreds of miles of trails & plenty of places to stay & rent sleds ;D Costs a few bucks but worth every penny.Click around the site , there's plenty of info. Also check out ALL the atv trails .