Based on the thread regarding the trash at Eureka, several members have suggested a cleanup ride in the Eureka Dam area of ONF. It would be nice to do this with the Miami Crawlers, so I suggest we invite them as well. What is everyone's thoughts on date?
A few ideas regarding the cleanup:
a few members mentioned getting a dumpster, who can coordinate
What areas need cleanup the most? When I was there this weekend, it seemed a lot cleaner than it had in the past, I didn't see the broken bottles I normally see, or all that much trash in the trails...maybe someone did a cleanup there recently? Regardless, maybe we should speak with grizzlybear and see if the forest service has a place in mind that needs cleanup more than other areas
to be continuued...
I say we do it Labor Day weekend. We could all BBQ, ride and clean up. I have never been there so it would a good opportunity to check the place out.
I'm all for this but with school starting time is getting tight for me for some odd reason but if I can make whatever date is set I will be there. You would think with all the hoopla recently more peeps would be stepping up.
how aboiut holloween time?
I will be there if I can.
Any date yet?
I am just going to go ahead and make it a point to police the area of garbage every time I ride.