ATV Florida Forum

General => Tech Corner => Topic started by: jayman on July 29, 2006, 02:49:19 AM

Title: Suspension Question
Post by: jayman on July 29, 2006, 02:49:19 AM
Alright, I created a post earlier in the week about my wife's kfx 700.  The rear wanted to buck her off.  Heres my question, I found that the rezzi for the rear shock was empty (no nitrogen, no pressure), how much nitrogen (pressure) should it have and if when I have it filled and it does not hold how much does it cost to have new seals or what ever is needed.  Please keep in mind that this bike is a 2006 and it sounds like it came from the factory this way (out of warranty :'( ) I wished the original owner could of figured this out.
Title: Re: Suspension Question
Post by: TRX450R_Racer on July 29, 2006, 12:12:40 PM
Where are you located? Maybe I can suggest some place close to you.
Title: Re: Suspension Question
Post by: jayman on July 29, 2006, 12:18:03 PM
In Tampa, I filled the rezzi last night (with air  ??? ) with 75lbs, this morning it has 50lbs.  Definitely needs to be looked at.
Title: Re: Suspension Question
Post by: Alba450 on July 29, 2006, 01:30:50 PM
Get it Re-Built
Title: Re: Suspension Question
Post by: 53yfz450 on July 29, 2006, 02:04:06 PM
yes its better off to have someone else do it.
Title: Re: Suspension Question
Post by: Fox17 on July 30, 2006, 01:17:10 PM
IMO dont buy a kawi. anyway just get elkas for it.
Title: Re: Suspension Question
Post by: UncleRico on July 31, 2006, 01:42:50 AM
Quote from: fox17 on July 30, 2006, 01:17:10 PM
IMO dont buy a kawi. anyway just get elkas for it.


Elkas...You buyin' big spender?
Title: Re: Suspension Question
Post by: jayman on July 31, 2006, 01:45:28 AM
Actually I had the rezzi refilled and so far it seems to be holding!  She is not that fast of rider to need Elkas, I want ELkas first ;D
Title: Re: Suspension Question
Post by: 53yfz450 on July 31, 2006, 01:50:07 AM
trust me you dont want elkas.lol
Title: Re: Suspension Question
Post by: svtbolt04 on July 31, 2006, 02:06:21 AM
I have heard some mixed reviews on elkas.. But from what I have heard, I wouldnt buy them..

I know someone whos rear shock blew out on practice...

If I was to build another bike with aftermarket suspension.. It would be using axis or pep.
Title: Re: Suspension Question
Post by: Fox17 on July 31, 2006, 03:03:34 PM
Quote from: UncleRico on July 31, 2006, 01:42:50 AM
Quote from: fox17 on July 30, 2006, 01:17:10 PM
IMO dont buy a kawi. anyway just get elkas for it.


Elkas...You buyin' big spender?

no i gotta get them for me.  ;D