My friend just bought a 95 sportsman that has been using mixed gas for a while now. It oil fouls plugs on a regular basis (at least with this original tank of fuel) so I'm guessing the ratio is too rich. Anyone know what the ratio should be?
If the oil pump still works, would there be any harm in filling the oil tank and letting it mix that way again?
thanks
We have Polaris 2-stroke, but its only a 90 Sportsman, 2004, with my son's although it is a 2-stroke, we add the gas seperately from the oil. The only time we add oil is when the oil light blinks, letting us know it needs oil. It mixes the fuel to oil ratio within the bike. Will see if I can find out anymore info for you....
Hey I was searching around a little bit and found this link, looks like it discussing about what you are. They do mention the ratios as well, ie. when new 32:1, older 40:1 and then 42:1 - you might want to check it out, may give you some more info.
good look
http://forums.atvconnection.com/messageview.cfm/catid/11/threadid/494715.cfm
Hope it helps.... ::)
Personally, I don't like oil injection, I'd rather mix the fuel. It's a pain, but you get consistent mix, and you never have to worry about an oil pump/line going bad, getting plugged, etc and frying your engine
When using a full syn. base oil 50:1 is perfect. otherwise 40:1 works fine we use maxium 929 in our race minis and tear them down once a year and have no wear.
Quote from: cheropride on July 26, 2006, 02:46:19 PM
Hey I was searching around a little bit and found this link, looks like it discussing about what you are. They do mention the ratios as well, ie. when new 32:1, older 40:1 and then 42:1 - you might want to check it out, may give you some more info.
good look
http://forums.atvconnection.com/messageview.cfm/catid/11/threadid/494715.cfm
Hope it helps.... ::)
My 01 Trailblazer we run 32:1 synthetic
in our 85cc dirt bikes we always ran 32:1.