I haven't been riding since Christmas, and desperately need to get out. The wife is going on vacation with the kids, so I have the weekend to myself. Planning on heading to the Ocala area, maybe try some of the new trail system, and possibly a day at hardrock.
Anyone else going to be up in that area that weekend, it would be nice to meet up and ride (fast) with some other riders.
i should be out in onf on the 29th, and it definly wont be a slow ride ;)
great...as the time gets closer, maybe we can make some plans to meet up. I don't get to ride with others from the site very often, and always have a great time when I do.
I may have space for 1, possibly 2 quads if anyone from the ft lauderdale area needs a ride up that weekend. Can't offer a place to stay, but I can offer a ride.
i'd love to make a 2 day ride that weekend since the 30th is my birthday. But my friend got me tickets to go to a comedy show on the 29th in sarasota to see someone (dunno who yet, suprise i guess) although the show doesnt start until 10pm....1:30 drive there.....maybe i WILL go saturday now that i think about it lol. we will see. it would be fun.
gearhead...didn't we meet a few years back on one of the group rides? I'm flexible, I've got an entire weekend without attachments/family/plans other than riding. I'm not restricted to ONF of hardrock either...I'll go anywhere a group is going.
I will attend for sure, always up for some riding, minus that damn hole. I am bringing some concrete and filling that little f'er
Brian
I live in Ocala, not far from the forest. We might be up for a "fast trail ride" that weekend. Keep me posted as your plans get more solid. It's cool to ride with new people.
Hey Gearhead, we're definitely gonna have to go. My B-Day is the 30th also; I'll be 37.
I've only met two people my whole life with the same B-Day. and one was a girlfriend.
well, where i usually park is on 573 where the pavement ends coming off of 19, good trails to the east and blue sink a mile to the west, so its right between both good places
If I go,I'll probably be in the dogg house too.But it's my B-Day!!
If I go, I'm going up Friday night and riding Saturday. Hey Randall, did ya see the kick azz pic that Rellimniets posted? We need to get more air pics of us...and bigger air!!
Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on July 18, 2006, 10:39:28 PM
Hey Gearhead, we're definitely gonna have to go. My B-Day is the 30th also; I'll be 37.
I've only met two people my whole life with the same B-Day. and one was a girlfriend.
haha bad ass. I think your the first person i've MET with the same b-day, the others were just "My sisters best friends cousin..." lol
Ya soooo sarasota is more like 2 and 1/2 hour drive...but im still down to ride!!!
btw if you DONT know, i was the younger guy on the 400 last ride.
Oh kewl.Well I hope we see each other on this ride.
Never been their and very interested in riding onf, Think i'll be ok on an mx lowered z400?
You'll have no problem...plenty of room there...
bump
bump
Anyone still going to be there this weekend?
yea, il stil be in onf friday off 573 where the pavement ends
HEY BACKINSADDLE
I WOULD LIKE TO HIT ONF, IM HERE IN FT LAUD ALSO. WHERE YOU AT? HOW MANY HOUR DRIVE FROM HERE? CAMP OUT OR HOTEL? ;D
I should be up there Friday afternoon. Saturday morning for sure. Hog Valley. right down the road from Eureka dam. If you guys want to meet there on Saturday name the time? Or let me know where you will be. My brother and I and his clan ride on the new trail system. We rode from his place to Rodman in about 20 minutes.
Wilburz, would love to meet up with you and your brother. Do I need a sticker on my quad?
My plans are not 100% as of now, both of the people that were going to ride with me had to bail out. I wasn't going to go if it was just me, but if you're sure you'll be there, I'll make the trip. I don't want to drive all the way there and not have anyone to ride with. You pick a time, I don't care. I'm on vacation. I know where Eureka is, I went on a group ride from there once...it's about 3 miles down the road from my friends place (just off 315 and 316), do you usually meet at the pit just off 316?
Capt69: I'm in Davie near 75 & 595. Not sure what time I'm leaving Friday, I was going to try and beat west palm traffic, but I have the kids until around 4:30, so I would leave around that time. Drive time depends on traffic, and where in the forest you're going to. With average traffic, it takes about 4 hours to get to the big scrub area on the south side. If we leave at 4:30ish, plan on another 1/2 hour-45 minutes. Eureka (closer to the new trail system), is 45 minutes or so north of that. I'm staying either with my parents or with a friend that has a place near Eureka. I know there is camping at Big Scrub, I don't know if Lake Delancey still has camping, or if you can ride of there anymore. I know there are hotels within about 15 minutes or so of Big Scrub on HWY 27, but I can't give specifics. Maybe a search on the site, or someone else will chime in. Let me know if you're interested.
Mark
I don't have a sticker for mine yet. So I would say no. Bringing proof of ownership might not be a bad idea. Saturday morning would be a good time. Lets see what my brother says. He should be on later tonight. We could meet up at Eureka Dam then. There is a campground with some nice cabins for like 80 bucks a night right over the Ockalwakea river bridge around the corner from Eureka. They have a website. Look through the old ocala group ride threads for it.
great...thanks for the info...if all goes well, I'll finally get a chance to meet the infamous wilburz bros. I'll keep you posted.
Actually boys we were all stopped last time we were out there and FWC was checking stickers. They issued a warning to the guy in front and warned the rest verbally. I recommend getting one just in case!
Quote from: Tripyn on July 25, 2006, 08:25:38 PM
Actually boys we were all stopped last time we were out there and FWC was checking stickers. They issued a warning to the guy in front and warned the rest verbally. I recommend getting one just in case!
Hmmmmmmmm kinda hard to get a "sticker" when the local tag and title doesn't have a clue about it......... :dunno.gif
we'll be there saturday for sure.
Hey Susieblazer tell them to call Pasco County cause I went in to get mine last fall for my other bike and they knew exactly what I was talking about. They're only like 3 bucks and "the man" would be alot happier if everybody had the sticker. They hate it when they can't get ya for anything!
so where are we riding and whos coming?
ONF it seems but if no one wants to go because of the sticker thing than why dont we go to hardrock?
Post up! lets pick a place to ride and get a head count!
Quote from: gearhead400 on July 26, 2006, 12:52:46 AM
so where are we riding and whos coming?
ONF it seems but if no one wants to go because of the sticker thing than why dont we go to hardrock?
Post up! lets pick a place to ride and get a head count!
either is fine with me...
QuoteHey Susieblazer tell them to call Pasco County cause I went in to get mine last fall for my other bike and they knew exactly what I was talking about. They're only like 3 bucks and "the man" would be alot happier if everybody had the sticker. They hate it when they can't get ya for anything!
Sorry Suzie, did not mean to rain on anyones parade. I just hate to see a great day of riding get ruined by some ticket happy officer. Duroc is right though, that "little man" (did you notice how hard it was for him to get back in the truck) will ding ya without one. Here in Volusia County they did not know what the heck they were the first time I went, but I work for them and they had the info and tags within a week. There is a site or a post on here somewhere that will tell them what they need to sell you and it had intructions where to put it on your bike.
Wish I could go guys, but my girl is taking me out of town.Have fun!!
Quote from: atvtrailer on July 26, 2006, 12:56:15 AM
Quote from: gearhead400 on July 26, 2006, 12:52:46 AM
so where are we riding and whos coming?
ONF it seems but if no one wants to go because of the sticker thing than why dont we go to hardrock?
Post up! lets pick a place to ride and get a head count!
either is fine with me...
same here...wilburz/bro...where are you guys riding? I assume you're sticking to the forest? I'm going to try to get a sticker tomorrow or friday...maybe I'll get lucky. we can always go down by big scrub and ride from there
anyone going to be there saturday and sunday, we could do both forest and track?
scratchup...see you on another ride
My homeboy should have all his mods on his 400.And I'll try to get my buddies with the LTR450's to come next weekend for a speedride!! Anyone up for some hauling azzzzz???
Quote from: duroc825 on July 26, 2006, 12:24:04 AM
Hey Susieblazer tell them to call Pasco County cause I went in to get mine last fall for my other bike and they knew exactly what I was talking about. They're only like 3 bucks and "the man" would be alot happier if everybody had the sticker. They hate it when they can't get ya for anything!
Yep i printed off the article and will take it with us to the tag and title in pinellas county....and make sure i take Hoss400 cuz he is like a dog with a bone about getting what is required for us to play ....... the Georgia boy is gonna make sure we get that "lil ole sticker" that we should have gotten with our titles...........*#@*#@!!!!
so where is every1 riding? hardrock or ocala, and if ocala, what part?
Quote from: backinsaddle on July 27, 2006, 01:33:49 AM
Quote from: atvtrailer on July 26, 2006, 12:56:15 AM
Quote from: gearhead400 on July 26, 2006, 12:52:46 AM
so where are we riding and whos coming?
ONF it seems but if no one wants to go because of the sticker thing than why dont we go to hardrock?
Post up! lets pick a place to ride and get a head count!
either is fine with me...
same here...wilburz/bro...where are you guys riding? I assume you're sticking to the forest? I'm going to try to get a sticker tomorrow or friday...maybe I'll get lucky. we can always go down by big scrub and ride from there
anyone going to be there saturday and sunday, we could do both forest and track?
scratchup...see you on another ride
We will be up there early saturday morning. Hog valley. right down the road from Eureka. Sent you a pm.
I say we stick with the original plan and ride ONF. meet the wilburz saturday morning and ride from there.
we should get up there early too so were riding by 10 at the latest. would love to start riding at 9. I know some of you have a longer drive than others though.
ok. Then lets plan on riding out of Eureka at 10 am on Saturday. How does that sound? If you get there early then do a few donuts.
You have to have a sticker to ride ONF ? WHat kind of sticker and where do I get it ?
Quote from: WickedBanshee on July 27, 2006, 05:11:25 PM
You have to have a sticker to ride ONF ? WHat kind of sticker and where do I get it ?
We're not sure about the sticker, and if it's required yet. I know it will be at some point, and supposedly they're giving warnings to people. It's only for the new trail system on the north end at this point. It's called a "title verification" sticker. Basically it's proof you own the vehicle. This post tells you everything you need to know:
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,15366.0.html
10:00 sounds good to me. I'll be a couple minutes up the road, so I'll probably be there earlier. Do we meet at the pit off River Road (same as Hog Valley Road?)(see map below)
[attachment deleted by admin]
I think I will try to make this one. Are we riding Sports or Utes?
Honda328...glad you're going to make it...if you remember, we rode the speed ride together...a year or two ago
I'm riding my yfz, don't know about the wilburz
yup, 400ex for me. ;D
Stickers? We don't need no stinking stickers.
We have utes I will be the only one from our posse with a sport.
I don't know about that map can't see it but I think is is the 4th or 5 left off or 160th turning north from 315 or 316 whichever it is.
We met you out at 3 lakes a while back 328.
well, not sure if if i wanna drive that far, il have to think about it, may just go to croom or stay local instead.... :-\
Don't get hurt there Randall!!
Quote from: wilburzbro on July 27, 2006, 09:51:27 PM
I don't know about that map can't see it but I think is is the 4th or 5 left off or 160th turning north from 315 or 316 whichever it is.
gotta be the same place I'm thinking of...park on the south side, and there's a red sand pit of sorts on the north? everyone else know how to get there?
so far:
gearhead400
Honda328i
wilburz/wilburzbro and posse
me
Rellimniets??
fastrnrik??
atvtrailer??
Quote from: backinsaddle on July 28, 2006, 01:30:52 AM
Quote from: wilburzbro on July 27, 2006, 09:51:27 PM
I don't know about that map can't see it but I think is is the 4th or 5 left off or 160th turning north from 315 or 316 whichever it is.
gotta be the same place I'm thinking of...park on the south side, and there's a red sand pit of sorts on the north? everyone else know how to get there?
so far:
gearhead400
Honda328i
wilburz/wilburzbro and posse
me
Rellimniets??
fastrnrik??
atvtrailer??
well if kyle(gearhead400) goes then il go 2
Same place they had the other group rides. You can park on the left and the pit is right behind where you park. The road goes down a hill to the dam. see you at 10.
I'm on the road within the hour. Hope to see everyone in the morning. I'll be there rain or shine.
Quote from: backinsaddle on July 28, 2006, 08:08:45 PM
I'm on the road within the hour. Hope to see everyone in the morning. I'll be there rain or shine.
Ok, see everyone at 10 at Eureka, I'm looking forward to it ;)
Had a great time riding with the posey, backinsaddle and honda 328i. A little hot but good times had by all! Can't wait until the next time. Thanks!
same here...had a great time...thanks to all for the hospitality...I'm ready for the next one.
Seems I got off to a rocky start, but you guys pitched in and got-er going again. That's what's cool about riding buddies like y'all, everyone is there to help out without a hitch. Thanks! :Clap.gif
Thanks again to the friendly family we met on the trail with the big Polaris (with BBQ in the back ;)). Sharing lunch w/you was very welcome. Hope to see you soon on our site.
Anyone hear about more carnage from the O0 :stoogies.gif dudes?? ;)
Monday came all to quickly. Still thinking about that trail............
Had a good time up there always nice to meet and ride with some new peeps. The only thing I can't figure out about Eureka Dam is why do people ride in the no mans land when the no trespassing sign is right in thier face. That and drag racing and doing wheelies up and down the road is plain stupid.
Hey Mark has anyone ever told you that you look like Stallone?
We're gonna try for a group ride on 8/12/06.It might turn out to be a speed ride, not for the weak at heart!!