ATV Florida Forum

General => Open Discussion => Topic started by: KB on July 12, 2006, 04:17:56 AM

Title: Banshee 3 wheeler
Post by: KB on July 12, 2006, 04:17:56 AM
Has anyone seen or heard of a purple & yellow banshee 3 wheeler ? I bought it a couple years ago from a guy (Shane) in Apollo Bch. He said he bought it from someone near Polk. I'm just curious who built it. they did a good job. The front of the frame was cut off and a tri-z front end welded then powder coated was put on.The forks do have a problem with the weight though. Motor is Trinity stage II, Trinity 2:1 intake. Also when I bought it had a wheelie bar on the back so they were draggin it somewhere. I'd just like to know who built it ? Anyway thanks Bones for this site, Kelly B.   
Title: Re: Banshee 3 wheeler
Post by: klutchbuster400 on July 12, 2006, 04:22:08 AM
Pics ;D
Title: Re: Banshee 3 wheeler
Post by: juju on July 13, 2006, 03:55:49 AM
Have any pics of it?? :o
Title: Re: Banshee 3 wheeler
Post by: KB on July 13, 2006, 11:24:20 AM
I took some last night w/ my phone. I've never posted pics before. Can I email them to someone who can then post them?
Title: Re: Banshee 3 wheeler
Post by: KD 428 on July 13, 2006, 01:50:34 PM
here, just send them to my email, and ill post em as long as there not too large- hummer888@comcast.net
Title: Re: Banshee 3 wheeler
Post by: KD 428 on July 14, 2006, 01:52:59 PM
here they are  ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Title: Re: Banshee 3 wheeler
Post by: KD 428 on July 14, 2006, 01:54:50 PM
again

[attachment deleted by admin]
Title: Re: Banshee 3 wheeler
Post by: KD 428 on July 14, 2006, 01:55:20 PM
.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Title: Re: Banshee 3 wheeler
Post by: KD 428 on July 14, 2006, 01:55:53 PM
..

[attachment deleted by admin]
Title: Re: Banshee 3 wheeler
Post by: KD 428 on July 14, 2006, 02:05:53 PM
1 more, and nice bike ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Title: Re: Banshee 3 wheeler
Post by: KD 428 on July 14, 2006, 02:14:54 PM
..

[attachment deleted by admin]
Title: Re: Banshee 3 wheeler
Post by: DZ 350 on July 14, 2006, 02:15:18 PM
Thats crazy !!!!
Title: Re: Banshee 3 wheeler
Post by: KB on July 14, 2006, 07:19:57 PM
Thanks Yamaharider for posting the pics. I wish I knew who built the thing. When I bought it , it was so clean it looked brand new. I tried riding it like I use to ride my other 3 wheelers, the front & rear suspension is shot so it's a pretty rough ride.I guess you can say I've ragged it out a little. The guy who built it might cry if he seen it now. I think they were draggin it on asphalt so they didn't need suspension. All I know is it was a partial trade for a pro stock drag car. The guy was into drag racing & from around Polk Co.The guy I bought it from (Shane) lives in Apollo Bch. & has a real nice pro stock, street legal, S-10. He drives it to the circle K on Apollo Bch. Blvd. sometimes cause I've seen him there. (he wasn't getting gas there though) Anyways thanks again for posting pics. cause I don't know how to. 
Title: Re: Banshee 3 wheeler
Post by: Yamaha72 on July 14, 2006, 09:04:20 PM
Cool.... ;)

There's two ways he could have built that thing....

1) He put a Tri-Z front end on the thing.....                 :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif For originality...

2) He put a Banshee engine in a Tri-Z frame....

However he did it he did a good job and I bet that thing is fun to ride.....

Title: Re: Banshee 3 wheeler
Post by: sweetrider215 on July 14, 2006, 10:09:20 PM
that thing is sweet
Title: Re: Banshee 3 wheeler
Post by: mrbones on July 18, 2006, 09:18:18 PM
Nice trike. Thanks for posting it.  :ThumbsUp.gif
Title: Re: Banshee 3 wheeler
Post by: robo02cop on August 08, 2006, 01:59:18 AM
I know the kid and father who built that three wheeler.  He grew up with one of my buddies.  It was originally a banshee frame that the front end was cut off of and the front end of a tri-z was attached to it.  The engine work was as you described.  The bike was only ridden a couple of times and you are correct that it never saw off road.  It was ridden a couple of times up and down the street but never taken to croom or any place of the such.  It was featured in Dirt Wheels a few years ago.  If you want more information send me a message and I can probably get you in contact with the guy who built it originally.
Title: Re: Banshee 3 wheeler
Post by: KB on August 21, 2006, 01:05:06 AM
Robocop, I sent you a p.m.  i'd like to talk to them. Thanks, KB.
Title: Re: Banshee 3 wheeler
Post by: 4fittyr on August 28, 2006, 12:30:00 AM
thats an old  j-arm  SHEE THAT THEY PUT A 350X OR TRI Z FRONT FORKS ON. UPDATED THE PLASTICS FOR STYLE OF A NEWER MODEL. STILL BETTER THAN J ARM BEFORE THE A-ARMS
Title: Re: Banshee 3 wheeler
Post by: robo02cop on September 02, 2006, 03:48:52 AM
KB send me a pm with your phone number and I will give it to my buddy and he will give you a call and tell you how to get in touch with the guy who built the bike.
Title: Re: Banshee 3 wheeler
Post by: Persnickety on September 03, 2006, 03:59:20 AM
the best of both.
Title: Re: Banshee 3 wheeler
Post by: LonesomeTriZ on November 07, 2006, 12:43:09 PM
Damn, I did not know that thing is still around. I saw photographs of it a long time ago.