Looking to buy some ITP wheels and tires. Does anyone know what size I can ge away with without upgrading clutch? Or do I have to?
You should be able to get away with 27 or 28s, but if you're getting some super-aggressive tires like outlaws in 27-29.5 then I'd get a clutch kit. Otherwise you should be fine with 27s, probably even 28s.
When I had 26's on my grizzly, I lost about 8mph topend, but the combination was perfect with the power. I then put a highlifter clutch kit on the bike before I sold it and I gained the 8mph back and it ran perfect.
how much did it cost for the clutch kit?
www.highlifter.com
do you think i would have a problem with mudlite xtr 27" on 14" wheels with the stock clutch?
any tire rub when turning sharp?
Maybe a little rub, but nothing to cause any damage.
what kind of wheels and tires did you have?
Bubba, you shouldn't have a problem with your grizz. Mudlites are very light compared to some stock tires. Hence the name mudLIGHT. I put some normal 25x11x10 size mudlights on my suzuki and they weighed less than the stock 24x10x10 Dunflops if that tells you anything. The tread is bigger though than the stock tires so you will notice a little bit of power loss espically in the top end. But the performance of the tire espically in the mud will more than make up for the slight power loss. That and your clutch will be fine. But if you want to bump it up it wouldn't hurt. A aftermarket clutch kit from highlifter is about 200 bucks for a 2002or older 660 girzz. But it is one of the best single bolt on upgrades you can do for your quad. But remember, a clutch kit will not give you any extra power. It only makes better use of what you got.
I have mudlite xtr 27" on 14 inch wheels no rubbing in the front but, the rear rubs the fender in the whoops, have shocks turned up in the rear still rub. A clutch kit would be nice but not really needed.
tallyt does it rub with two people on it?
yeah it rubs real bad with my girlfriend on the back. but it sure will pull in the mud hole, with one person on, havent done much muddin with two people on it... yet
I did lose about 8-10mph with the tires,top speed about 56-57mph.on stock tires it
runs about 64-65.
Yeah but think about it, how often do you need or even have the chance to go 65 down the trails or in a mud hole. NEVER. The performance your going to gain in the mud and all around will greatly outweigh the few mph and the small power loss your going to find.
anyone know where to buy ITP wheels and tries at good price?
Check www.atvoutfitters.net that's where I bought my 28's
(864) 630-7433 ask for Matt.
I have 26" mudlites on my 660 and they did alright I thought until we put some 26" gators on my son's 350 rancher. I will tell you that bar none the gators will crawl all over the mudlites (thick mud!!!) just my opinion but we do a lot of mud riding when we go wheelin' ;D