ATV Florida Forum

General => Open Discussion => Topic started by: MadMudder on July 11, 2006, 08:38:47 PM

Title: Any not honda 3 wheelers?
Post by: MadMudder on July 11, 2006, 08:38:47 PM
Hey I know this board is gonna be useful for people that own 3 wheelers. There really cool and im starting to want one. But all I hear is ATC ATC and then ATC!!!! Im sure some other company had to make them. Yamaha I know made them. So what gives. Are there any non honda 3 wheelers remaining? Theres gotta be some somewhere!
Title: Re: Any not honda 3 wheelers?
Post by: gery350 on July 11, 2006, 08:55:33 PM
kawasaki also had them. i had a 185 with reverse(shaft driven) very reliable.
Title: Re: Any not honda 3 wheelers?
Post by: ATOMCRF450 on July 12, 2006, 12:44:29 PM
Yamaha made one TRI-Z 250
Title: Re: Any not honda 3 wheelers?
Post by: DRWalum on July 12, 2006, 01:06:55 PM
Quote from: ATOMCRF450 on July 12, 2006, 12:44:29 PM
Yamaha made one TRI-Z 250


A buddy of mine had one of them. That thing was unreal fast  ;) He sure wishes he hung onto it  :'(  :'(
Title: Re: Any not honda 3 wheelers?
Post by: tat2mike on August 13, 2006, 02:39:04 AM
i had an 85 tri-z and a 87 kawie tecate 3  bad A$$
Title: Re: Any not honda 3 wheelers?
Post by: HondaATC on August 13, 2006, 05:48:10 PM
(http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/8964/zside1wg8.th.jpg) (http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zside1wg8.jpg)
(http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6156/zleftside1ir4.th.jpg) (http://img88.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zleftside1ir4.jpg)
(http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/2885/dcp01296pa7.th.jpg) (http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dcp01296pa7.jpg)

The first picture is the newest, second is a couple months old, and the last one is what it looked like when I bought it. It now has 2003 KTM85SX inverted front forks resprung, custom tripple clamps I made, KTM520 Brembo front brake caliper, YFZ450 +4 axle and sprocket hub, Works Warrior rear shock, IMS/Roll Design footpegs from a TRX250R, Billet stator cover, Thermostat delete kit from Ronnie, stainless swingarm bolt, LRD/Power Pros pipe and silencer, ect. ect. Not a whole lot of motor work done to it actually.
Title: Re: Any not honda 3 wheelers?
Post by: fastrnrik on August 14, 2006, 01:26:38 AM
Props for a really nice ride. When I'm done with my current project (a 'Zilla), I'm going to try to do up an old 3 wheeler.
Title: Re: Any not honda 3 wheelers?
Post by: HondaATC on August 14, 2006, 03:03:14 AM
Thanks :) I have a whole lot of time in it.
Title: Re: Any not honda 3 wheelers?
Post by: bocephus300 on October 30, 2006, 12:12:18 AM
i have a kawisaki klt 110 thats a torque monster i put spme 22in super swampers and it could do wheelies through all 5 gears. not to mention show up most 4 wd drive atvs
Title: Re: Any not honda 3 wheelers?
Post by: dnigels on November 02, 2006, 06:27:57 PM
Quote from: HondaATC on August 14, 2006, 03:03:14 AM
Thanks :) I have a whole lot of time in it.

You gonna race it?
Title: Re: Any not honda 3 wheelers?
Post by: HondaATC on November 02, 2006, 08:25:29 PM
Not on a flat track with all that long travel suspension. This is the flat tracker: http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,17685.0.html I have black shrouds now and its a little bit lower but thats about the only difference cosmetically. I'm waiting on parts to put the motor back together since the piston had a crack in it. Its gonna be way different faster (Hopefully anyways, haha)
Title: Re: Any not honda 3 wheelers?
Post by: LonesomeTriZ on November 07, 2006, 12:31:43 PM
All of the big four made trikes. Honda, just flooded the market with theirs. From what I understand the other three just made enough to fill their orders.