I see there's 67 pages in this section. I'm not sure there's a reason to keep all those messages, but I'll let you decide. Should we delete old messages beyond 1 year? Or maybe 6 months? 8 months? I know all those old posts have good info in them, that's why I'm hesitant to delete them.
I honestly have no idea the limit to this message board. I think the only thing that slows down when there's a huge amount of posts are the "View the 10 most recent posts of this forum" and the Search functions. The Search starts getting errors if you do a search beyond 60 days, though. I'll have to check that out.
Mr. BoNeS, I think you could look @ the posts and deside witch ones to delete by the # of replies and the the last time someone has replied. Like if there is only a few replies and is a few months old Get rid of it....My.02
Thanks, Matt
Hey Mr. Bones i think we could delete the ones that are old like say osmething like cut your own christmas tree down for 50 cents in 2002. But could i make a request to keep the threads for me alive? The ones that like Mike L started that is like 15 pages long, the one on the pot luck thing or w/e its called. but useless info i agree
i agree with 1fast250r, the post that are somewhat useless and dont have any info should be deleted my .02
i say 1 year and older can be deleted. 8)
I agree remove the old ones past 6 month or ones with little replys and add more spare to picture size downloading. to much trouble to post pictures if you have 8.0 megapixels camera. thank you for ask for our opinions.
I might actually read thru the list if it wasn't 67 pages long ::)
That's a good point stretchy. I changed it to list 30 in the index, and 25 messages per page. Now we have 45 pages, lol. If this messes up any dial-up users, let me know and I'll switch it back.
Keep the comments rolling about the old messages. Thanks.
I say delete anything over about 8 months or some,its not like everyone doesnt start anew post about the same topic a hundred times
QuoteI say delete anything over about 8 months or some,its not like everyone doesnt start anew post about the same topic a hundred times
I agree 6-8 months max.
I say a year old and older can be scrapped.
Id@
QuoteI say delete anything over about 8 months or some,its not like everyone doesnt start anew post about the same topic a hundred times
[smiley=Clap.gif] [smiley=Clap.gif] [smiley=Clap.gif]
i just ask that the thread MIKE L started be kept, that way the site can always look back on it and be like WOW look what we all pulled together and did.
I agree with Ida 1 year is long enough.
Quotei just ask that the thread MIKE L started be kept, that way the site can always look back on it and be like WOW look what we all pulled together and did.
OK, I didn't understand about this before when you asked, I understand now.
I agree with LMK on this one,,,,,something good the site did, why not try and keep it up.
Id@
I agree anything 1 year or older should be deleted.
heck i think if a topic hasnt been replyed to it should be removed after 90 days..
6 months without new postings...we really don't need to remind ourselves of past deeds or subjects if noone is posting....
I agree too , six months , or ones with no activity. 8)