We got a night ride planned for July 14th thru the 15th. We invite sports and utilities, ( especially utilities to pull our a$$es out of the mud LOL ). Anyone interested in joining the ride meet us out there, rain or not at 7:00PM Friday 14th. Don't forget your flash light and GPS.
Never been to Holey Lands.Where is it, and how do you get there.I'm from St.Pete.
Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on July 04, 2006, 12:01:09 AM
Never been to Holey Lands.Where is it, and how do you get there.I'm from St.Pete.
The holy lands are NOTHING like croom, Its mud and trials, but it is one of my favorite places. You would love it if its dry out their. I cant give you good directions since dad drives out their and i just ride lol.
Holey Land is 6 miles west of US-27 on the county line of Palm Beach & Broward county. It's not for the weak at heart this time of year.
Quote from: Thrumud on July 04, 2006, 12:18:05 AM
Holey Land is 6 miles west of US-27 on the county line of Palm Beach & Broward county. It's not for the weak at heart this time of year.
Whats wrong with it? Too hot?
I cant attend any nigth rides, no lights :D
Duct tape a flash light to the quad. LOL
roll call
thrumud
brett711
who else?
Quote from: brett711 on July 04, 2006, 12:58:02 PM
roll call
thrumud
brett711
who else?
4 more riders from ( raptorforum.com ) guys from dade and broward.
Come on guys let's GO !
Is it good for sport quads , or is it more mudd? I would like to go, but that's a 3 1/2 hr drive for me...and I don't do mudd on my quad. Feel free to call me and let me know.
(727)204-0883 Chino
Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on July 04, 2006, 04:15:46 PM
Is it good for sport quads , or is it more mudd? I would like to go, but that's a 3 1/2 hr drive for me...and I don't do mudd on my quad. Feel free to call me and let me know.
(727)204-0883 Chino
I posted pics from their a week back you may want to search for to get an understandment of the area, Its mud. Regardless if its dry out their you will run into mud.
Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on July 04, 2006, 04:15:46 PM
Is it good for sport quads , or is it more mudd? I would like to go, but that's a 3 1/2 hr drive for me...and I don't do mudd on my quad. Feel free to call me and let me know.
(727)204-0883 Chino
Chino, I can tell you this ... get ready to get very dirty & muddy. This ride is for REAL MEN ! If you want to stay out of the mud you're welcome to stay on the levy. We are planing to go on the North side of the levy AT NIGHT ! If you get stuck don't worry, there will be plenty of riders to pull you out.
im in and might get some friends too. i dont have GPS tho¿?
I'm just not very comfortable with a sport quad sucking in mud.It's not made for mud , so I try to avoid it as much as possible! I'll have to think about going down there.
FYI the ride will start at about 9:00 PM Friday the 14th. I will arrive at around 7:30 PM.
We're meeting at the pump station.
( All bikes MUST have Flags )
What kind of flags are you talking about?American flags?And I've never been there, where's the pump station?
I'm interested, lemme find out if my pop is working. And klutch, no lights on your z? Since when? Also, what is night ride considered cause we'd stay latest is around 12 o'clock. We don't have flags though, our quads are in my sig so you know who we are.
Quote from: MachineDog on July 05, 2006, 11:20:53 AM
I'm interested, lemme find out if my pop is working. And klutch, no lights on your z? Since when? Also, what is night ride considered cause we'd stay latest is around 12 o'clock. We don't have flags though, our quads are in my sig so you know who we are.
Havent you seen the pics i posted of my z? I removed the ligths and added a hood, I NEVER go nigth riding, I went once to river ranch and did a night ride their, which is probably by far the best ride i ever did, but i doubt I'll be doing any riding anywhere near their for a while, and dad is always busy so nitgh riding is out of the question.
Chino, the pump house is all teh way at the back of the levy, you can just park in the pit area and ride on the levy to the pump house, but sine you said you dont want to mud, and like to go fast, i dont think you should go then, the holeylands is famous for mud, and you cant go fast on the levy, 25 mph restriction. If the holeylands are really dry though, you should go, it will be a blast, very little mud, and alotta small whoops to give you a challenge!
I have no clue how to get there though.I need someone to give me directions from 595.And what flags is he talking about? Have you guys been getting a lot of rain down there.We have up here.Yeah, if it's wet, I probably shouldn't go.
Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on July 05, 2006, 01:41:59 PM
I have no clue how to get there though.I need someone to give me directions from 595.And what flags is he talking about? Have you guys been getting a lot of rain down there.We have up here.Yeah, if it's wet, I probably shouldn't go.
rained yesterday, been raingin since i woke up today, i know its like 45 minutes form my house so im not sure if the place got water too?
He is talking about the flags you see people using at the dunes, it is a new rule posted at the holeylands.
I cant really give you directions though, I'm sure my dad, or someone else on the site could, just make a topic in the where to ride thread, someone should be able to help you.
One question, what size tires are you running >:D
we should meet at a gas station or something for people who dont know how to get there.?
561rincon: If we go then yeah, we'll prolly meet on a gas station on okeechobee or something.
directions take us 27 north to brwrd/pb county line and make a u turn, then make your 1st right...you will see a sign for WMA...take that road all the way down to the pumphouse..
im gonna park at the crossover,then ride the bike to the pumphouse.....road not good for truck...gottan few flats driving the truck all the way there..
from east we go through belle glade to south bay then go south on 27 ?
Well to everyone I'm new here visiting from the raptor fourm. Those of you that are going and want to meet at the gas station I'll will be there at 8:30, to get some 110 gas for my bike. So if you want to fallow me let me know. :drive.gif Just keep an I out for a withe and black raptor 700 with black rims thats my bike then look for me I'll be the one with all the tattoos on my legs. Just come up to me and let me know. :W
Where do you get the flags from?
i think PB cycles has them i might be wrong. i need one too so if anyone in palm beach finds them let us know.
what type of bike you bringing scratch?
Quote from: 561rincon on July 05, 2006, 07:59:27 PM
i think PB cycles has them i might be wrong. i need one too so if anyone in palm beach finds them let us know.
what type of bike you bringing scratch?
You can also buy them online, i think rockymountain has them, but a local bike shop or dealership should have one.
I believe he is bringing a z400.
I'm from raptor forums. My brother(has 500 sportsman) and me(raptor 700) will be their. You may want to bring a jacket because it gets a little cool at night but not to bad.
I live in West Palm Beach. I have a permanent desire for mud and water so this sounds like it might be the place for me :) Me and my buddy are thinking about showing up, both of us ride Foremans with mud tires. I've never been there so I was wondering if will just be a Friday night ride or will there be any riding on Saturday ?? Also, is there any area to camp ??
Would it be possible to meet anyone at a gas station or something and follow them in ??
Let me know, look forward to meeting some of yall.
~SHAUN~
Shaun, check your PM for my number.
IF EVERYONES FROM PALM BEACH WE SHOULD MEET AT THE GAS STATION ON SOUTHERN BY ''D'' RD.? NEED A TIME THOUGH?
If you guys want to see satellite pics of the area... go to google... click on maps at the top of the page... when the map opens go down to the right corner and put the blue box over florida while zooming in... try to zoom in to the 8th line from the top of the zoom-in/zoom-out scroll bar so you have the blue box on I75 and US27... move the blue box up US27 until you see a canal going west and one going NE... Follow the canal West while zooming in and you can see the crossover and trails going South... keep going West and you'll see the pump station.
We might be out there Sat morning. Hope you all have a good ride!
Anybody have a spare flag?
i could pick ya one up tomm when i go?
are they enforcing flags yet?and why would anyone need a flag nite riding?unless you have a light at the top you'll never see it
I was thinking the same thing.But I guess it's required.I do need a flag though.I would appreciate it if you did get me one.I'm coming down from St,Pete., and it's a 3/12 hr drive.I'd hat to get there and have no ride cause of no flag!!
no prob i got ya!
Is anybody doing any riding during the day on Saturday? I'm staying the night in Pemb.Pines.
according to google earth the cordinates where the road meets us27 is 26* 20' 03.85" N 80* 31' 39.08" W
The areas of Holey Lands, Rotenberger, and Everglades and Francis S. Taylor Wildlife Management Area(Conservation Area 3A North) is generally reffered to as "Holey Lands"
here is a link to the rules holey land http://myfwc.com/hunting/wma/2006-07/South/HOLEY_LAND.pdf
Rotenberger http://myfwc.com/hunting/wma/2006-07/South/ROTENBERGER.pdf
Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on July 06, 2006, 10:36:20 PM
Is anybody doing any riding during the day on Saturday? I'm staying the night in Pemb.Pines.
I might. I live in pembroke pines
I plan on heading out there Sat after the ATV riders meeting in Naples. I will be there around 2:30 PM. Where are you guys going to unload ?
Are you guys camping out or just riding for the day ( on Sat ) ? PM me with your numbers so we can meet.
Dennis
yall have fun ;)
If some of this rain would stop we will. It might get too muddy out there, and chances are we might spend more time digging out the quad than riding.
Dennis, But I'm scared of the swamp ape :'( J/K I would like to go
Quote from: big-daddy on July 07, 2006, 03:37:39 PM
Dennis, But I'm scared of the swamp ape :'( J/K I would like to go
The locals call him Swamp Ape but it's really BIG FOOT !
I would like to ride on Saturday. I really hope the mud isn't too thick.It's not fun being pulled out all the time instead of riding. Give me a call. Chino(727)204-0883
Don't think I'll make this ride.Sounds like you had alot of rain, so I know it'll be muddy.Sure wish we could manage more night rides in other area's.
anyone think up a place to meet and time? how bout 7 at shell on southern by D rd.?
looks like some serious rain this week sport riders beware,lol j/k we'll get ya thru. should be muddy though by friday.
I was there yesterday and they weren't enforcing the flag issue. There was about 5 ATVs without a flag to every 1 that did. In the afternoon a wildlife officer showed up at the parking lot and he didn't do anything other than observer and leave 30 minutes later. It's not flooded out there but the mud is pretty nasty.
Bill
The ride for this Friday / Sat is still on ! Who's going ?
Me and my buddy are going to come. I would be interested in meeting on Southern Blvd. somewhere. Just tell me where and what time.
~SHAUN~
I should be going with my brother (561rincon) out there... unless he chickens out... :P
I'm in, but, there's been a lot of rain out there for the past two days and there's plenty more on the way. So, we may be limited to riding that trail which runs parallel to the north levy. Why not meet at the first crossover, just in case?
I was driving US 27 home today from the north and decided to stop by and take a look..... :tsktsk.gif does not look good. LOTS of WATER and it was pouring while I was there. So if you go you will need a Jet-Ski with a tow rope. We are heading out there Sunday as the weather report said it will not be raining this weekend. But then again who has any faith in the weather guys here. :dunno.gif
I'm still in :drive.gif. Am I meeting any one at the gas station. That would be the sunoco, on shariden and 27.
whos going with what kind of bike.
561rincon---- honda rincon 28''
dirtyblonde4x4----honda foreman stock
Quote from: 700rider on July 13, 2006, 12:04:52 AM
I'm still in :drive.gif. Am I meeting any one at the gas station. That would be the sunoco, on shariden and 27.
How many are coming with you ? Sport or Utility ?
I won't be able to go.
I would go but Im just a kid who just got his license 8) , plus i still have no axle, no time to put it in :-\
7 sport.
to much rain to go out at night,sport bikes should wait for day light and utes need more than stock tires....extremely wet out there right now....i usually ride every sat.and sometimes saturday nights,but my crew is holding off til next weekend,,,way to much water tonight
Yea, I'll be out there on stockers sunday so I'm worried about it. I want them damn mud tires. >.<
My brother(sportsman 500) and me (raptor 700) was at the levee at 9pm and no one was there. It looke like a lake but was doable even for me. I only got stuck twice and was able to push it out by hand. i have seen worse out there in the last month.
Sorry about that I got there about 10pm. We where all running hialeah time.
Get out there tonight or tomorrow. It's wet, but, easily workable with a group to help if you get stuck. We rode the east/west trail alongside the north levee from the pump house to within 2 miles of the crossover. Tons of snakes, katylieds(large grasshoppers) and some mosquitos between 3-6:30pm. See you girls tomorrow!
AintSkeered: What will you be riding? We'll be out there by noon tommorow, prolly earlier.