ATV Florida Forum

General => Open Discussion => Topic started by: 53yfz450 on June 29, 2006, 02:47:47 AM

Title: New Independent Rear for sport quads
Post by: 53yfz450 on June 29, 2006, 02:47:47 AM
pretty cool. but for $3400 ???



http://www.sonicoffroad.com/


http://www.atvaonline.com/News/06/IRS_kit.asp
Title: Re: New Independent Rear for sport quads
Post by: klutchbuster400 on June 29, 2006, 02:48:48 AM
they're lying!! thats an outlaw with different plastics!!!!
Title: Re: New Independent Rear for sport quads
Post by: 53yfz450 on June 29, 2006, 02:51:05 AM
hhaha your funny jesse ::)

the funny thing is no action shots. ???
Title: Re: New Independent Rear for sport quads
Post by: Hondarider22 on June 29, 2006, 02:53:21 AM
wow....i wonder if i could get it but in pro trax and fox evols?  :D ill stick to the 1 rear and an axle  ;)
Title: Re: New Independent Rear for sport quads
Post by: 53yfz450 on June 29, 2006, 02:53:58 AM
and just to inform you all they werent the 1st. mark from HSD racing was the 1st to invent independent rear for sport quads. ;)
Title: Re: New Independent Rear for sport quads
Post by: svtbolt04 on June 29, 2006, 02:55:32 AM
Thing is, they are SOOO hard to dial in for their purpose (being xc) and its not really worth it.. They dont help you slide around a corner at all.. I will stick to my single axle and blowing the doors in on the IRS bikes that come out.
Title: Re: New Independent Rear for sport quads
Post by: bigscrub79 on June 29, 2006, 03:05:21 AM
Im not the brightest so please help me understand. How does that attach? I assume there is some pole or rod that attaches where the old shock went, but i cant see it on any pictures.
Title: Re: New Independent Rear for sport quads
Post by: 4fittyr on June 29, 2006, 03:09:17 AM
i can replace 17 g force axles for that price   not 4 me  looks like a polaris parts
Title: Re: New Independent Rear for sport quads
Post by: 53yfz450 on June 29, 2006, 03:14:23 AM
bolts up just like a swingarm. ;)

http://www.sonicoffroad.com/Sonic%20Spider%20Kit.htm
Title: Re: New Independent Rear for sport quads
Post by: svtbolt04 on June 29, 2006, 03:14:40 AM
Here it is..(http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/gcsharkie1/5.jpg)
Title: Re: New Independent Rear for sport quads
Post by: RAD 450r on June 29, 2006, 03:20:50 AM
Quote from: svtbolt04 on June 29, 2006, 02:55:32 AM
Thing is, they are SOOO hard to dial in for their purpose (being xc) and its not really worth it.. They dont help you slide around a corner at all.. I will stick to my single axle and blowing the doors in on the IRS bikes that come out.


HAHA thats probably why matt smiley quit polaris because it was so hard to dial in the shocks......but then he came back
Title: Re: New Independent Rear for sport quads
Post by: svtbolt04 on June 29, 2006, 03:33:20 AM
Yea, but he doesnt use the outlaw.. He ran the predator..

Johnny gallager Sr. ran the outlaw at gatorback this year for the FTR harescramble... I was in C class and I caught and passed him!!
Title: Re: New Independent Rear for sport quads
Post by: klutchbuster400 on June 29, 2006, 03:36:40 AM
Quote from: svtbolt04 on June 29, 2006, 03:33:20 AM
Yea, but he doesnt use the outlaw.. He ran the predator..

Johnny gallager Sr. ran the outlaw at gatorback this year for the FTR harescramble... I was in C class and I caught and passed him!!
P-R-E-D-A-T-O-R
:D
Title: Re: New Independent Rear for sport quads
Post by: svtbolt04 on June 29, 2006, 03:43:46 AM
J-O-E-S-P-H  G-R-I-B-B-L-E
Title: Re: New Independent Rear for sport quads
Post by: klutchbuster400 on June 29, 2006, 03:46:15 AM
Quote from: svtbolt04 on June 29, 2006, 03:43:46 AM
J-O-E-S-P-H  G-R-I-B-B-L-E
its J-O-S-E-P-H G-R-I-B-B-L-E !!! ::)
Title: Re: New Independent Rear for sport quads
Post by: svtbolt04 on June 29, 2006, 03:47:52 AM
I dont believe you at all.
Title: Re: New Independent Rear for sport quads
Post by: RAD 450r on June 29, 2006, 04:02:04 AM
Quote from: svtbolt04 on June 29, 2006, 03:33:20 AM
Yea, but he doesnt use the outlaw.. He ran the predator..

Johnny gallager Sr. ran the outlaw at gatorback this year for the FTR harescramble... I was in C class and I caught and passed him!!

He switched on and off like yokley did with the z400 and the 450

Thats funny
Title: Re: New Independent Rear for sport quads
Post by: eldiablo64 on June 29, 2006, 11:31:32 PM
$3400 hell you could buy a nice used quad for that
Title: Re: New Independent Rear for sport quads
Post by: RacerX5 on June 30, 2006, 12:36:47 AM
The independent rear suspension will only help u in the trails for rocks and stuff, i dont think it will do much good at the track but u never kno untill they test it.
Title: Re: New Independent Rear for sport quads
Post by: MadMudder on June 30, 2006, 03:31:38 AM
If I was a Gncc racer with a big pocket book i'd give it a try cause they spend allot of time pushing thier quad out of a mud holes and ruts. Think about it, if you can be racing that 20 minutes that the other guy spend digging his sra quad out of a mud hole than thats a big advantage. But it would be useless on a track. Anyway, WAIT A MINUTE! I could be the first ever to run a yfz at the mud nationals. That would be cool. Put in the kit, lift it and throw some 28's under it and you would be set.. ???
Title: Re: New Independent Rear for sport quads
Post by: dreth on June 30, 2006, 11:34:54 AM
there is action videos on that site. i think it might be a good thing. if i had the cash id try it