Have some pretty solid plans to be there Friday & Saturday in the Big Scrub area if anyone is interested. Hoping to find someone who is familiar w/ the new trails on the East side of 19 there.
Have not been to ONF for about a year or so and would like to check out some trails.
Well hope to see yall out there. ttyl 8)
Quote from: Inyourdraft2000 on June 11, 2006, 05:32:58 PM
Have some pretty solid plans to be there Friday & Saturday in the Big Scrub area if anyone is interested. Hoping to find someone who is familiar w/ the new trails on the East side of 19 there.
Have not been to ONF for about a year or so and would like to check out some trails.
Well hope to see yall out there. ttyl 8)
if u are plannin on riding on the east side of 19(which is alot of flat trails) the best place to park would probly be at the end of 573 where the pavement ends, that way u could go to blue sink if u wanted to cool off and swim(about a mile down the powerlines heading towards big scrub). i was there this past saturday and was on one of the marked trails, it was nice and smooth once u got past the first 1/8 a mile of whoops, not really sure where they go to though, but they are maked good and tell u what way to go
Count me in for sure...Was there on Saturday and had a blast. Next time I might bring some artificial shade =P
YeeeHaaa, This storm should make riding out there this weekend real nice. Anyone else going? I had close to 10 people coming and some are backing out. Looks like a possible 5 or 6 at this point.. See yall there! 8)
Do you have to have quiet pipe to ride out there ? I have a curtis sparks pipe and its LOUD!
Quote from: WickedBanshee on June 13, 2006, 04:29:35 AM
Do you have to have quiet pipe to ride out there ? I have a curtis sparks pipe and its LOUD!
nope, they dont check, i havnt seen anyone with em get stopped, there are plenty of loud bikes out there so just have fun
How exactly do I get to 573 from Tampa. I might go up there as well as I have never been. I just don't want to get lost. ;D
Seminole Ranger District
40929 State Road 19
Umatilla, FL 32784
Phone: (352) 669-3153
Run a Google Map w/ the above address as your destination. 573 is only a few miles past the Ranger station on your left. You could run I-4 to hwy 33 & go North. there is a little town where it jogs over to the left and you turn right onto hwy 19. You Run 19 North and when you get to 441 go east on 441 back to hwy 19 and proceed North again.
From there you will head to Umatilla. You will soon see "Now Entering Ocala National Forest". The Ranger house is on your left there after. Not to much further down on your left is 573.
ps... If you want to leave w/ us Friday Morning you can meet us @ I-4 and County line road and the Gas station next to Mcdonalds.
Just lettin you guys know I'm still headed out Sat morning. I'm all for headed east and gettin lost though apparently it's pretty hard cause all the trails are marked. But should still be fun. I'll be parked where the pavement ends on 573 as you come off of 19.
Reed (Green Titan / Orange Scrambler)
Thanks for the directions. Can't do the Friday thing but it looks like I might be on for the Saturday ride. What time are you guys going to meet up on Saturday to start riding?
You guys mind if i tag along? I have never ridden ONF before. What time are you meeting at the gas station on friday?
I'm not sure what time they are meeting to ride over but I should be out there around 8am. Just come up and say *hey*. Always nice to meet new riders. Don't forget...FR-573 off of Highway 19 right when the pavement ends....You cant miss it.
Reed
We will have our tent set up in BigScrub so when we get up in the am and get moving around we will start our ride.
I am on a 2000 Honda 400ex and my buddy has a green KFX 700 and or a Blue Yamaha 125 dirtbike.
Dont have an ATVForida.com sticker yet. Hope to see yall there.
Is anybody riding Friday or Sunday? Not sure I will be able to make Saturday but plans may change. I really want to meet new people to go ride with because I don't have anyone right now. And I have a real bad itch to ride that needs to be scratched.
I could head out on Friday afternoon...prolly around 2? Ride the rest of the day without much problem. Hell might even caveman it and camp at the scrub that night *shrug* Someone bring me a camper =) STAT!
I have to leave by 4:30 on friday. i will be out there with a black and red raptor 660 and a green and tan dodge ram 4x4.
Should be there(BigScrub) no later then 11am ish Friday morning. 8)
Bah looks like it's gonna have to be Saturday for me...You guys stayin over or goin back out Sat?