Hey guys, I have not been on the forumns for a little while so hopefully this is not old news already.
I am planning to go to Big scrub again 16th and 17th of this month and I just got off the phone w/ the Ranger house there in Umatilla and the Lady said something about trails being on the EAST side of HWY 19. Does anyone know anything about that side or have any advice on that location. Thanks in advance!
there are a group of trails on the east side of hwy 19, north of hwy 42 . These trails are in the new trail system and are called the Paisley Woods Trails.
I say ride wherever while you can.
I have not personally been to any of the marked trails yet though,,,so I really don't have anything to add to this post, but I'm seeing how fast I can type this to try to impress some people at my shop and show them how fast I can type..........
Id@
We stay at Lake Dorr Cabin on the south east side of Hwy 19 when we ride Ocala National.
http://www.camprrm.com/Dorr.htm
You can ride around there straight from the cabin.
You have to cross Hwy 19 to get to Big Scrubb.
I agree with Ida-Man ride where ever you can now. Now can be fun, when the trail system goes into effect, it won't be fun anymore.
Can anyone explain a little about the Pro's and Cons to be expected. I was under the impression the trail system was at our request as for a one way(direction) trail system and that the trails would be maintained. I guess I have not kept up w/ all the current events regarding the ATV community.
Thanks for the info so far.... 8)
I don't know alot about it but I doubt they will be maintained even if they say they will. With all the cycles and quads forced to certain trails it wont take long for them to get wooped out and it will end up just like croom. If you ride the trails near big scrub you'll see what I mean, there are some smooth ones but most of em are wooped.
Now, if they maintained them I think it would be great to have one way trails because there are alot of blind turns on those trails and that can cause a disaster if you meet someone head on.
Quote from: Inyourdraft2000 on June 08, 2006, 07:38:17 PM
I was under the impression the trail system was at our request as for a one way(direction) trail system and that the trails would be maintained.
The trail system is not our request, if it was there would not be a trail system,we would keep it the way it is. It is the USFS directive. Maintained that is what the word is, will they really be maintained, who knows.