...crashed the 250 a little while ago, now both quads are down! :'( I was out trying out my new GPS and clipped a tree in my riding area beside the fiance's house with the front tire, which through me over the bars a good 25ft through the air, spun it around and clipped the rear tire same side on another tree...ouch! I'm good though, pretty sore throughout but still alive and kicking. The 250 needs a new tie rod, rear axle is bent something fierce, rear rim is flat on one side and the rear rack is completely toast. [smiley=Embarrassed.gif]
Dang, that sux. Glad to hear you are ok though. GPS didn't plot your course too well huh? ;D
Throw that GPS away steve! :o dang man sounds like something that would have happened to me. Glad you are only sore. Whens the 4??eX gonna be done?
yeah them trees have a nasty habit of jumping in front of moving objects, Glad to hear your ok even though your quad is messed up
Glad you're ok. Heal quickly!
you were suppost to be testing your GPS not your 250ex ??? someone once told me that theyve seen me ride and im lucky thats all thats broke . so i will say the same to you ;) get well , the rodman ride is soon
Thanks guys I am back feeling pretty good tonight the only thing really sore is my neck. I'll try to get some pics of the quad up shortly. Thanks for the words of encouragement.
Curtis- If all goes well should be in the next week or 2. Will deff. be ready for Rodman though. ;D
Rack and subframe, it's hard to tell in the pic but the mount where the rack hooks to the subframe is actually ripped away from the round tube so I guess I'll have to weld that back in place too. ::)
Axle is just a little bent lol ;)
Another shot of the axle
and the custom "L" bend tie rod ;D
d**n. and how fast were you going???? :o
glad your feeling a little better, looks like that accident could of been alot worse to you
if the bike is anyindcation of what you are feeling like, WOW :o
hope you are OK
I didn't think that a 250 could go that fast ;-)
I would offer my rear rack from my 400, but I don't think it would fit right.
Id@
I guess to say I was doing around 35 when I clipped the first tree which is what flung me over the bars. Yea it could of been much worse luckily my Superman flight sent me down the trail instead of into any trees and I landed flat on my back. Like I've said before I must have one heck of a gaurdian angel to walk away yet again virtually unscathed. You'd think by looking at the pics that the quad would have tumbled but it never left the wheels just spun around from one tree to the other. From the looks of the quad the 2nd impact was a lot worse to have bent the rack all the way up like it did and still have enough force to bend the axle so bad.
I should be fine in a day or 2 when the stiffness goes away! ;D
Were you trying to do a backflip with that thing??That looks pretty rough. Take care& slow your a#s down. Peace!!
QuoteTake care& slow your a#s down. Peace!!
Now where would be the fun in that?! Thanks man
THEY SAY IF YOU ARE GOING TO DO ANY THING GO BIG AND YOU DID , GLAD YOUR OK MAN! ;)