Well I was at the store with my mom and spotted the last June edition of DirtWheels (www.dirtwheelsmag.com) and about 10 pages in I hit a page and says 2007 Blaster and Banshee. This gets my attention. I look at the pic they are guessing its going to look like i Guess ..... itsbased off a snowmobile :o. I will take a pic once the digital camera charges. Heres the info that the article had, gotta type it all ::)
***************************************************************
2007 Yamaha Banshee and Blaster
This modified picture of Yamaha's new Fazer FX snowmobile may just resemble what the next generation Banshee will look like (Pic will be up later). The Phazer is powered by a twin cylinder, 499cc, liquid cooled four stroke engine. When we dissected the Phazer further, we noticed that the engine is actually two YZF250 dirt bike motors put together. From there power is transferred via an automatic transmission.
The fuel injected power plant, surrounded by a YFZ chassis, mated to an automatic or manual shift five-speed transmission, would make a perfect combination for a new Banshee. Split the motor in two pieces and the Blaster can be reborn also as a four stroke. We'll keep you posted on future development
you actually believe them?
Quote from: klutchbuster400 on May 28, 2006, 11:47:52 PM
you actually believe them?
They were right when the YFZ came out. They said they predicted a straight-race-style quad from Yamaha, and it happened. So yeah :-\
Quote from: IneedPOWA on May 28, 2006, 11:49:34 PM
Quote from: klutchbuster400 on May 28, 2006, 11:47:52 PM
you actually believe them?
They were right when the YFZ came out. They said they predicted a straight-race-style quad from Yamaha, and it happened. So yeah :-\
I predict yamaha will come out with a new 4 wheeled off- road vehicle. Gee i wonder if im right....
I doubt they'll ruin the name of the 2-Stroke Banshee with a Twin Cylinder YFZ450 Engine and 50cc more power. :/ Just the fact that the engine is a four stroke makes me think it won't happen.
Theyll use differnt names for sure, that engine would be pretty cool for a blaster, like a mini yfz 8) and who knows about the banshee, I say the retire it and bump the 350 raptor to a 400
Quote from: RAD 700r on May 29, 2006, 01:32:30 AM
Theyll use differnt names for sure, that engine would be pretty cool for a blaster, like a mini yfz 8) and who knows about the banshee, I say the retire it and bump the 350 raptor to a 400
I agree with you. Then they'd have bikes that could actually compete, the the new blaster would probably be the best 250 four-stroke out there with the 5 valve design of the YZ250F engine. Heck, I'd buy that if they made the rest of the bike just as good. Would actually give some presence to the 250 four-stroke class, at 13,500 Revs.
i saw that article, it said the engine uses two yz250f cylenders and heads on it
i dont no if i belive them or not but...
that would be kinda cool
That was just a filler article. Something to take up space. It was a photo-shop job of a snowmobile with a-arms & tires instead of trax & ski's. Just something to make you say "HMMMM That would be cool."
I like the idea of the yz250f motor in the blaster that would be a great improvement to the 250 class in quad racing and some frame and suspension work. yall have something going here but the 2 fourstroke engines together would be to costly i would think.
The Banshee`s are now a thing of the past !, Yamaha would never re-use the name
on a four stroker. The Banshee was and still is a legend in the atv world, but I really dont think they will call a "new breed" by Banshee, possibly something different with some similar looks. But thats just my opinion.
I also saw the article, I thought that it was a joke as well, Just like if any of you remember the " street" quad with a crotch rocket motor in it with big azz slicks. I just dont think its gonna happen ! we have too many issues off road, let alone on the road.
P.S , Dont believe everything you read, its not all TRUE ;)