Hey all - we're a young family of four and just started riding. We're looking for some trail riding for both 4 wheeler and dirt bikes. ONF is okay but very sandy for the kids on the dirt bikes and the trails are over-ridden with whoops. We also found that most of the riding areas are restricted to the power lines and riding in a straight line out in the open is not what we're after. We're hoping to find something better where some real scenery can be found without the danger of fines and getting the vehicles impounded. If you know of a place we can go on an interesting riding/camping trip please let us know.
Thanks!
North Carolina or Georgia? You could come down to holeylands but mostly it's dirt and sawgrass, with a little mud and water too.
I've been reading up on holeylands here on the forum. We're in Tampa and wouldn't mind heading further south at all. The mud sounds good - I'm installing a winch. Anything but sand and power lines would be an improvement. Where can I get directions to holeylands? We have grizzy/kodiak/ttr90&125.
At some point with a little planning we'll have to make a longer trip up into GA/NC too.
you can do a search on the site and you should find directions but is basicly on us27 at the broward/palm beach line.
Ah okay, if you're riding utes you'll love it alot more because of the mud and water there. I had the impression you guys rode sports so you would only be able to ride the trails. The dirtbikes will probably have to be loaded up for riding in the water though, can only go so far before you're a foot and a half deep in water. It's pretty dry thought right now..
Go to atvpathfinder.com It's a good start.
the best thing to do is to start traveling.
here in florida is either ocala or croom
and you get tire of so many woops.
try Durhamtown ,Georgia.you are going to have a blast.
Durhamtown is a great family road trip. You can make it from Tampa to D-town in about 7 hours if you're not riding with my nephew Kip (He's gotta stop like every 1/2 hour for a pee break..no wonder he rides a Yamaha).
They rent cabins that you can ride your quads and bikes right up to. Great trails, 2 motocross tracks, night rides, and just a total blast.
If you are looking for a good place to ride locally, without the dirtbikes, you might consider river ranch. It's by far the best trail riding in FL. (Only problem is, you have to own a plot out there, and they don't allow dirtbikes).
Anyway, welcome to the forum Daniel, and good luck!
Uncle Rico
L-Cross Extreme Events has Family events the 3rd Friday of every month. We have one coming up in June Father's day weekend! We have a KIDDIE CAMPING area for families with small children they also have their own mud bog. Visit our web site for more information at www.l-cross.com
Tampa is about 3 hrs from here!
Thanks,
Mark and Patti Pearce
Ocala has some nice areas, you just have to know where to go. I have a weekend place up there. We were just up there last weekend for 4 days. It was hot and DUSTY, probably take the boat next trip. How old are your kids? Mine are 5,8,10.
Quote from: Chillinthemost on May 31, 2006, 09:20:08 PM
Ocala has some nice areas, you just have to know where to go. I have a weekend place up there. We were just up there last weekend for 4 days. It was hot and DUSTY, probably take the boat next trip. How old are your kids? Mine are 5,8,10.
Were you in hog valley? You said you had a place up there in another thread a while ago. I was up there 26th through the 29th, I stayed off of big rack road. We didnt ride much, we actually went to to lake cure (sp?) Saturday and Sunday.
Quote from: o4250 on May 31, 2006, 09:59:24 PM
Quote from: Chillinthemost on May 31, 2006, 09:20:08 PM
Ocala has some nice areas, you just have to know where to go. I have a weekend place up there. We were just up there last weekend for 4 days. It was hot and DUSTY, probably take the boat next trip. How old are your kids? Mine are 5,8,10.
Were you in hog valley? You said you had a place up there in another thread a while ago. I was up there 26th through the 29th, I stayed off of big rack road. We didnt ride much, we actually went to to lake cure (sp?) Saturday and Sunday.
Yep. I'm just down from the Pig pen (bar).
Quote from: Chillinthemost on May 31, 2006, 10:12:19 PM
Quote from: o4250 on May 31, 2006, 09:59:24 PM
Quote from: Chillinthemost on May 31, 2006, 09:20:08 PM
Ocala has some nice areas, you just have to know where to go. I have a weekend place up there. We were just up there last weekend for 4 days. It was hot and DUSTY, probably take the boat next trip. How old are your kids? Mine are 5,8,10.
Were you in hog valley? You said you had a place up there in another thread a while ago. I was up there 26th through the 29th, I stayed off of big rack road. We didnt ride much, we actually went to to lake cure (sp?) Saturday and Sunday.
Yep. I'm just down from the Pig pen (bar).
I was in there friday night. Fun place to be in, specially for kerokee. 8)
Broad River is great for families. Try it, we just got back and had a blast!!!
My boys are 16 and 11 and they both had fun.