tick tick tick tick thats what my warrior is doing after i sunk it today, the higher the rpm the fatser the ticking and i think there is some power loss. can someone tell me what wrong, i think valves? but i dont no and how hard/much is it to fix. thanks for any help
depends on the type of ticking. ;D
check your oil to make sure you dont have water in it.
as long as its ticking and not tocking. ;D
oil is good
brown
Hah, I dont know what kind of condition your motor is in, but oil comes out golden brown when it is good. Black means you need to change it...
wrong golden brown goin in after u start it black even on new quads
people, there are all difrent kinds, i use spectro 4 or sumthin like that made for motercycle/atv and it looks just like honey when it comes out the botle the only way i can think of to tell if u have water in it is if it seems milky
and whenes thae last time you had the bike serviced...
Quote from: 4fittyr on May 20, 2006, 04:56:53 PM
wrong golden brown goin in after u start it black even on new quads
I have no idea what you just said in that sentence.
I also use golden spectro 4.
If you are trying to say "when you put in the oil and the color is golden brown,once the bike is started the oil turns black. Even on newer models."
Sure, thats true, if you dont change the oil filter or flush out the engine with oil. I usually put in a quart of oil and start the engine for 20 seconds to let it get out the old and in with the new. That way, my oil comes out GOLDEN BROWN when I check the dipstick.
Quote from: svtbolt04 on May 20, 2006, 05:55:39 PM
Quote from: 4fittyr on May 20, 2006, 04:56:53 PM
wrong golden brown goin in after u start it black even on new quads
I have no idea what you just said in that sentence.
I also use golden spectro 4.
If you are trying to say "when you put in the oil and the color is golden brown,once the bike is started the oil turns black. Even on newer models."
Sure, thats true, if you dont change the oil filter or flush out the engine with oil. I usually put in a quart of oil and start the engine for 20 seconds to let it get out the old and in with the new. That way, my oil comes out GOLDEN BROWN when I check the dipstick.
Mine looks golden Brown when I check the Dipstick too, just when all the oil is flowing out in a big mess it looks closer to black than golden brown..... I use Motul though...
on my 450r i dont have dip stick u dip sticks i look thru the window and it dont matter cleaning out oil filter crt reuseable with gas its still black after i ride 20/50 gtx
Quote from: 4fittyr on May 30, 2006, 02:43:41 AM
on my 450r i dont have dip stick u dip sticks i look thru the window and it dont matter cleaning out oil filter crt reuseable with gas its still black after i ride 20/50 gtx
Dont use automobile oil!!!!!!!!!!!!!
get honda oil or good motorcycle/atv oil. we use honda gold series oil. our crf looks golden on the dipstick after a ride but it eventually gets black.