After i have been riding lately i have been getinbg quite a bit of oil in my air box on my 02' Raptor 660. I am not sure how it is doing that, anyone run into this problem before?
i have the same problem with my 06 yfz! people told me that it was the piston rings are bad! thats all i know! ???
I know this may sound ridiculous, but could it be too much oil in the air filter?
It's either too much oil on the air filter or your rings are bad. If your getting that much in there I would say it's time for a rebuild.
dont know much about bikes(still havent fixed my sons bike >:() but i know that in cars if you get oil in your air filter usually your crankase ventilation system is clogged. may want to check it, much better alternative to rings.
Wouldn't bad rings give you white smoke out of the exhaust and oil consumption by burning. Check the plug.
I would think that oil would be either from the top end or maybe the breather tube that comes from the crankcase and goes to the airbox lid. Make sure you are not overfilling the oil. Because it is a drysump system, the procedure to check the oil is a little different than an engine that keeps all the oil in the crankcase. Check the owners manual.
Its not too much oil on the filter because it's enough oil to fill up the little drain tube and have all the walls in the air box wet. I did notice my oil level was a bit high and i am hoping that was the problem, also if it was the piston rings it would smoke and it dosent smoke at all. Also I accidently mixxed a quart of synthetic oil in there, thats when it started happening, and my clutch has sliped about 5 times since, so I drained the oil, and replaced it, so i will post if it keeps doing it. Thanks for the info.
maybe this will help:
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,9083.0.html
I read something similar about oil in the Air Box.
Your probably having too much oil in the engine. And when you hit the Rev Limiter oil spits out in the Air Box.
Quote from: MOTOCROSS MAVERICK on April 11, 2006, 01:21:50 PM
i have the same problem with my 06 yfz! people told me that it was the piston rings are bad! thats all i know! ???
Hey Eric you might have a little too much oil and the black box near the coolant over flow bottle spits oil when you hit the REV limiter. That's what I think is happening.
all i know is since ive done the mod with the hose it stopped doing it. eric you might need to trey that. just go to the local boat marine place and get the stuff. i think thats were my dad got it.