For the past 3/4's of a year, i have been concentrating on getting a truck. At around 4200, but thats besides the point. It has come time that i will be getting the quads going again. This will be the thread where all restorations will be taking place on my bike. I will be doing a "General Lee" theme type bike with Orange Frame, hubs, brake hub, and other small misc. parts. Black swing arm, engine mounts, axle and maybe more. I will then be doing my a-arms (Stock 400ex) a-arms with the Dupli-Color Aerosol can bedliner. I will be doing this as you can not powdercoat stock a arms. Tomorrow or sometime this week there will be a thorough step by step process of how i do the a arms. First i will strip the previous paint followed by a medium grit sanding with sand paper then followed by a real fine grit finishing sand paper. Will then whipe down with paint thinner and spray with the bedliner. All this will be photographed.
As they sit now:
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/IMG_0582.jpg)
Thats gonna be awesome! I want to do General Lee theme on my Vinson, but no one makes orange plastics for it and I don't want them painted. Good luck with it, it's gonna look sweet.
Thanks, I am going to be doing Red plastics with the orange frame then get a confed flag seat cover and maybe some custom graphics.
My bike before tear down:
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/LMK%20RIDE/Picture011.jpg)
gonna come out nice lmk, i was thinking of getting an orange kfx instead of the z just to put general lee stickers all over it.
i like your style ;)
OMG! :o Your putting aside girls and trucks to finally work on your quad!?!
:o Are you feeling ok? I might be able to recommend a good doctor ;)
Quote from: Mrs.Nightbreed on April 10, 2006, 08:03:02 AM
OMG! :o Your putting aside girls and trucks to finally work on your quad!?!
:o Are you feeling ok? I might be able to recommend a good doctor ;)
He never mentioned puttin aside girls. ;D
Quote from: LakeMaryKid on April 09, 2006, 10:07:09 PM
Thanks, I am going to be doing Red plastics with the orange frame then get a confed flag seat cover and maybe some custom graphics.
My bike before tear down:
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/LMK%20RIDE/Picture011.jpg)
hey, that grass looks familiar ;-)
seriously though,,,,,your'e gonna get the quad running again?
Id@
You are definately doing the right thing kid. Git-r-done ;D
Ok, got all of my supplies. Originaly we(I) was going to use paint stripper. We couldnt find this aerosol kind so my dad went ahead and bought a gel kind. That wont work with the a arms with all the little nukes and cranies and welds. So tomorrow i am taking one a arm to school to see if i can sand blast it in my 7th period auto tech class. Here are some pictures from today.
Products being used:
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/IMG_0585.jpg)
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/IMG_0586.jpg)
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/IMG_0589.jpg)
Result after stripper AND SANDING with 100 grit:
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/IMG_0590.jpg)
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/IMG_0591.jpg)
bansheeboy tony farrow has a general lee banshee....have him send ya some pics, it looks freaking sweet...
Sounds like a sweet project. I saw a General Lee themed Blaster in Dirt-Wheels a few months ago.
sounds like its going to turn out cool
i just got a realy good deal on a Ceet rebel flag seat cover for 35$ for my 400ex ill post pics of it when it comes in
Well today i was able to get home by about 4:30 or so from school. I got to work on all 4 a-arms right away. It is now 8:05 so it took quite a while to do all 4 but it was fun. I was not able to sandblast the a arms till thursday so i did it the hard way. It all turned out great so far. Here come the pictures.
1 Upper stripped and one not:
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/IMG_0592.jpg)
Here come some finished pictures:
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/IMG_0593.jpg)
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/IMG_0594.jpg)
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/IMG_0596.jpg)
Uppers:
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/IMG_0597.jpg)
The Texture:
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/IMG_0602.jpg)
The Fantastic Four:
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/IMG_0603.jpg)
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/IMG_0604.jpg)
Here are some pictures of the plastics of my little 90cc 4wheeler. I painted them with Krylon Fusion Plastic paint on Sunday. So far they look GREAT!
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/IMG_0599.jpg)
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/IMG_0600.jpg)
Well folks that is all for now. Hope it looks good. So far it looks awsome and im stoked!
Thanks,
LakeMaryKid aKa Curtis
Sweet bro...finally.
i thought that you were restoring your 400ex.......why did you paint your little 90's fenders??
Quote from: woodyraptor on April 11, 2006, 09:39:10 PM
i thought that you were restoring your 400ex.......why did you paint your little 90's fenders??
Cause they also needed some work lol. Why not.