I have property at River Ranch but i havent been there in 3yrs.What all do I need to get in the gate.do I need to bring my title for my 4 wheeler :-\
Bring deed and tax receipt to show that you have paid up to date the taxes.
then $120 for membership to river ranch property owners assoc for year
And a dust mask- I came home yesterday with black lung!
[attachment deleted by admin]
You don't need anything if you own property. If you can prove you own it, then nobody can stop you from visiting it. If someone trys to make you pay $120.00 to join some fictitiously self appointed organization, you're getting ripped off. If they won't let you in the gate, call the law.
Quote from: Anoriginal on April 09, 2006, 09:17:31 PM
You don't need anything if you own property. If you can prove you own it, then nobody can stop you from visiting it. If someone trys to make you pay $120.00 to join some fictitiously self appointed organization, you're getting ripped off. If they won't let you in the gate, call the law.
You had better know where your property is then. Because if you stir up that nest you may get arrested for trespassing.
Quote from: bigscrub79 on April 10, 2006, 12:08:37 AM
Quote from: Anoriginal on April 09, 2006, 09:17:31 PM
You don't need anything if you own property. If you can prove you own it, then nobody can stop you from visiting it. If someone trys to make you pay $120.00 to join some fictitiously self appointed organization, you're getting ripped off. If they won't let you in the gate, call the law.
You had better know where your property is then. Because if you stir up that nest you may get arrested for trespassing.
How do you go about finding your property anyway? The cryptic description on the deed isn't much to go on.
Do the RR people frown on surveyors or what?
Can visit property straight there and straight out not riding around checking things out
Arrested for trespassing? I doubt it. Not when everyone else who travels into RR trespasses too. Also, you can visit your property all you want along designated or prescriptive easements.
Quote from: Anoriginal on April 10, 2006, 12:01:41 PM
Arrested for trespassing? I doubt it. Not when everyone else who travels into RR trespasses too. Also, you can visit your property all you want along designated or prescriptive easements.
Everyone out there allows others to use there land therefore they arent trespassing. I wasnt trying to debate on this I was just simply saying what will probably happen.
If you don't join the RRPOA, I think they follow you to your land and you can't go anywhere else and if your land is outside of the camping area you cannot camp on it. The 120.00 allows you and your family to use all of the land and facilities ....camp, hunt, fish, ride, etc. and then you can pick out a campsite in the 6,000 acre camp area, they also have family functions a couple times a year.
120.00 a year is not a big deal to go somewhere and be able to do all that and meet nice people ;)
Now bringing in guest is another story ??? :-X
Quote from: kawGIRL on April 10, 2006, 02:24:05 PM
If you don't join the RRPOA, I think they follow you to your land and you can't go anywhere else and if your land is outside of the camping area you cannot camp on it. The 120.00 allows you and your family to use all of the land and facilities ....camp, hunt, fish, ride, etc. and then you can pick out a campsite in the 6,000 acre camp area, they also have family functions a couple times a year.
120.00 a year is not a big deal to go somewhere and be able to do all that and meet nice people ;)
Why and why not?
Because you are buying into a fenced Hunting Preserve, YES you have to have a deed to get in, but it is not really your land :-\ sort of like at a campground, you cannot build on it ??? unless the State/County changed the zoning for all of the land. It is like a gated community you might say..... so you have to obey by the rules, or don't bother :-\ and go somewhere else.
I always have such a good laugh when I read RR threads...Thanks guys
Quote from: kawGIRL on April 10, 2006, 03:41:05 PM
Because you are buying into a fenced Hunting Preserve, YES you have to have a deed to get in, but it is not really your land :-\ sort of like at a campground, you cannot build on it ??? unless the State/County changed the zoning for all of the land. It is like a gated community you might say..... so you have to obey by the rules, or don't bother :-\ and go somewhere else.
I had no idea it was an actual licensed hunting preserve. Does the RRPOA own all the property that you get to hunt on? :D
ATTENTION: Necessities to enter River Ranch...aka...Redneck Riviera. To make it through gate with no problems, bring your wallet, one case of Busch Beer & 5 cans of copenhagen. If this dont get your whole group in then buy Busch Lite instead & make another attempt. If that dont work then just increase the number of said items until they agree.
Quote from: greenmachine on April 10, 2006, 06:02:51 PM
ATTENTION: Necessities to enter River Ranch...aka...Redneck Riviera. To make it through gate with no problems, bring your wallet, one case of Busch Beer & 5 cans of copenhagen. If this dont get your whole group in then buy Busch Lite instead & make another attempt. If that dont work then just increase the number of said items until they agree.
Hahaha, I guess I will have no problems. I travel with 5x your recommended amount of supplys as it is.
Quote from: greenmachine on April 10, 2006, 06:02:51 PM
ATTENTION: Necessities to enter River Ranch...aka...Redneck Riviera. To make it through gate with no problems, bring your wallet, one case of Busch Beer & 5 cans of copenhagen. If this dont get your whole group in then buy Busch Lite instead & make another attempt. If that dont work then just increase the number of said items until they agree.
Now that is funny!!!
River Ranch is one of those things that has been around for years and it's "Just how it is." I imagine you could fight it but it's not worth it. I have the mindset of "Just go ride and don't get involved in the politics." I completely agree with Anoriginals posts but I love to ride out there so I just do what they want and ride. If they became too ridiculous I would not go. For now It is worth me paying that much to ride per year.
Quote from: Anoriginal on April 10, 2006, 08:15:51 PM
Quote from: greenmachine on April 10, 2006, 06:02:51 PM
ATTENTION: Necessities to enter River Ranch...aka...Redneck Riviera. To make it through gate with no problems, bring your wallet, one case of Busch Beer & 5 cans of copenhagen. If this dont get your whole group in then buy Busch Lite instead & make another attempt. If that dont work then just increase the number of said items until they agree.
Now that is funny!!!
Anoriginal , you are a loser. Just keep your original thoughts to yourself.
And to the person who owns property , That 120.00 goes along way up there to keep everything nice a secure. If it wasn't for the them it would end up like badluck prarie. Check it out .... just my 2 cent
Quote from: ONEslowEXer on April 11, 2006, 12:46:04 AM
Quote from: Anoriginal on April 10, 2006, 08:15:51 PM
Quote from: greenmachine on April 10, 2006, 06:02:51 PM
ATTENTION: Necessities to enter River Ranch...aka...Redneck Riviera. To make it through gate with no problems, bring your wallet, one case of Busch Beer & 5 cans of copenhagen. If this dont get your whole group in then buy Busch Lite instead & make another attempt. If that dont work then just increase the number of said items until they agree.
Now that is funny!!!
Anoriginal , you are a loser. Just keep your original thoughts to yourself.
And to the person who owns property , That 120.00 goes along way up there to keep everything nice a secure. If it wasn't for the them it would end up like badluck prarie. Check it out .... just my 2 cent
Awww, now isn't that sweet? I am such a loser. Man, it must suck to be me.
Hahahahahaha. :-*
Oneslow, take it easy there he man. There's no need to get your Montgomery Gentry undies in a wad. I'm just putting in my two cents just like everyone else. If you don't agree, I respect that. However, there's no need to call me a loser. If you ever met me, you'd definitely realize I'm anything but. I know you're big and bad and ready to do battle to keep River Ranch the way it is. I don't want to get you all riled up. Just go back to your bliss and I'll go my way too. Hell, I'll even buy you a beer when we finally meet.
Sometimes, people struggle to see the light. I just like to flick the switch a few times so that more folks become aware. Like the saying goes, "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink."
Peace! 8)
One more happy new RR owner here. $120 is not bad. Heck, the state charges $50/yr. for croom/ and RR is a heck of a lot bigger and you can get a permanent campsite plus the roads are graded and there is "some" security there.
Quote from: Anoriginal on April 10, 2006, 12:01:41 PM
Arrested for trespassing? I doubt it. Not when everyone else who travels into RR trespasses too. Also, you can visit your property all you want along designated or prescriptive easements.
Can you provide the O. R. Book and Page or Plat Book and Page for these recorded easements?
Most of the deeds that I have seen are sectionalize land,
SeeYa,Cy
Most of the roads were platted long ago and are recorded. With a little reseach, you can pull up the plats (usually on microfische) which set forth the locations. As far as easements go, the plat provides the only reaonable/accurate source. In addition, you have countless easements by perscription, the most definite being the main entrance road.
As far as the deeds you've seen, you're right. Obviously they are based upon sections as all of Florida is described in sections ever since the enactment of the Disten Act in the mid 1800's. So, of course the deeds will be described in terms of section, township, range, halfs, quarters, etc.
Any other questions? ;D
Just one more Matt, What the lotto numbers for the 50 millions? ;)
Quote from: big-daddy on April 11, 2006, 01:23:06 PM
Just one more Matt, What the lotto numbers for the 50 millions? ;)
Ricky:
I wish I knew brother! Hey, you know I'm on the riders' side on River Ranch. If I hit the 50 mil, maybe I can help keep it for all of us!
Quote from: Anoriginal on April 11, 2006, 01:36:34 PM
Quote from: big-daddy on April 11, 2006, 01:23:06 PM
Just one more Matt, What the lotto numbers for the 50 millions? ;)
Ricky:
I wish I knew brother! Hey, you know I'm on the riders' side on River Ranch. If I hit the 50 mil, maybe I can help keep it for all of us!
Ya, I know that. ;D We need to plan a trip out there soon.
Quote from: Anoriginal on April 11, 2006, 01:16:32 PM
Most of the roads were platted long ago and are recorded. With a little reseach, you can pull up the plats (usually on microfische) which set forth the locations. As far as easements go, the plat provides the only reaonable/accurate source. In addition, you have countless easements by perscription, the most definite being the main entrance road.
As far as the deeds you've seen, you're right. Obviously they are based upon sections as all of Florida is described in sections ever since the enactment of the Disten Act in the mid 1800's. So, of course the deeds will be described in terms of section, township, range, halfs, quarters, etc.
Any other questions? ;D
Thank you for the response
But shouldn't these deeds make reference to a blanket easement and or
The O.R. book that these easements and R/W are recorded.
Also most of these deeds are Inaccessible tracts River rch/Green Swmp
If any one knows of the plat name that has anything to do with rr
Could they please post.
Cheers, Cy
sorry,
my deed is sectionalized also from 1989.
Quote from: cycole on April 11, 2006, 12:57:54 PM
Quote from: Anoriginal on April 10, 2006, 12:01:41 PM
Arrested for trespassing? I doubt it. Not when everyone else who travels into RR trespasses too. Also, you can visit your property all you want along designated or prescriptive easements.
Can you provide the O. R. Book and Page or Plat Book and Page for these recorded easements?
Most of the deeds that I have seen are sectionalize land,
SeeYa,Cy
Quote from: Anoriginal on April 11, 2006, 01:16:32 PM
Most of the roads were platted long ago and are recorded. With a little reseach, you can pull up the plats (usually on microfische) which set forth the locations. As far as easements go, the plat provides the only reaonable/accurate source. In addition, you have countless easements by perscription, the most definite being the main entrance road.
As far as the deeds you've seen, you're right. Obviously they are based upon sections as all of Florida is described in sections ever since the enactment of the Disten Act in the mid 1800's. So, of course the deeds will be described in terms of section, township, range, halfs, quarters, etc.
Any other questions? ;D
YEAH! HOW THE HECK DO I KILL THE DAMN GREMLIN IN MY SONS BIKE.
SUM BIETCH! ??? >:( :'( >:(
Cycole -
I believe the original plat should be listed as River Ranch Acres. The Polk County Clerk of Court keeps the older plats on file via microfische. All you need to do is go into the clerk's office and ask the folks int he recording department to assist you. They can help you locate the proper tapes and plat. Once located, you should be able to print a copy for a minimal fee.
I doubt that you'll see any reference to a blanket easement. Don't forget, it was originally a platted subdivision. Therefore, the only easements would be utility in nature. Chances are, there were no utility easements recorded either. The legal access would be according to the platted roads wether actual or not. In addition, easements by prescription (roads used over time) would provide a person legal access to their property.
Finally, if you have your property description, you can convert the meets and bounds description into lat./long. descriptions. Chances are, the lat./long. conversion will bring you the quickest if not the most accurate, results.
I hope that helps. Let me know how it goes or if I can help. I'm happy to assist.
Gery -
I don't have any help for you on that one. Usually, I just break out the wallet and start thowing money at it until it's fixed. lol Gremlins are evil beasts.
Quote from: Anoriginal on April 12, 2006, 03:13:34 PM
Cycole -
I believe the original plat should be listed as River Ranch Acres. The Polk County Clerk of Court keeps the older plats on file via microfische. All you need to do is go into the clerk's office and ask the folks int he recording department to assist you. They can help you locate the proper tapes and plat. Once located, you should be able to print a copy for a minimal fee.
I doubt that you'll see any reference to a blanket easement. Don't forget, it was originally a platted subdivision. Therefore, the only easements would be utility in nature. Chances are, there were no utility easements recorded either. The legal access would be according to the platted roads wether actual or not. In addition, easements by prescription (roads used over time) would provide a person legal access to their property.
Finally, if you have your property description, you can convert the meets and bounds description into lat./long. descriptions. Chances are, the lat./long. conversion will bring you the quickest if not the most accurate, results.
I hope that helps. Let me know how it goes or if I can help. I'm happy to assist.
Gery -
I don't have any help for you on that one. Usually, I just break out the wallet and start thowing money at it until it's fixed. lol Gremlins are evil beasts.
If it was a platted sub then the legal should state plat book and page shouldn't it?
Polk County offers plats on line
http://www.polk-county.net/county_offices/information_technology/gis/viewer.aspx..
Have tried but found nothing under rr acers . As far as lat/lon by a Sec,
Twp,Rng brake down you would have to have 2 Certified Sec. corner
And I have none for the section that my property falls in.
They do have some old G.L.O. MAPS with chain dimensions
Also I know the army c.o.e ran control for the outflow of lake
Kissimmee.
SeeYa, Cy
Ps, I have no problem with the way that rr is set up I
Just like to mess around with handheld gps and would like
to see if I could get close.
Cycole:
I've seen the plat for RR in the past. I do not remember who had it, but it exists. You may have to go to the Clerk's office and narrow it down from the county general maps.
The meets and bounds description should adequately provide you with what you need to convert to lat./long. Most engineering firms these days have the technology to convert. However, without seeing how much information your deed contains, it's hard to tell.
Does Polk offer and GIS service?
yes
http://www.polk-county.net/county_offices/information_technology/gis/viewer.aspx
My friend is a surveyor with the county and he says without ony monuments or landmarks in the ground, the whole place would need to be surveyed to pick out your lot. You can get a general idea where it is. My is probably at the bottom of a swamp! Wait, that would be a good thing!!! :drive.gif
The most important thing a RR owner can do is write the certified letter
to have your plot removed from the forever Florida program!!
From: http://www.dep.state.fl.us/lands/acquisition/FloridaForever/faq.htm
Unfortunatly for me, my property falls in block 27 which is green, looks like the south gate -15,16 and 21 are safe. I assume the owners already wrote their letters.
http://www.dep.state.fl.us/lands/acquisition/FloridaForever/FFAnnual/Projects/B.Bombing%20Range.pdf
It does touch 22 which is safe because I'm sure Westgate RR doesn't want to move..
How can an owner keep his property off the Florida Forever list or get it removed if it is already on the list?
Any property owner can ask the state to drop his or her property from the Florida Forever list. The property owner should send a certified letter to the Acquisition and Restoration Council, at the Office of Environmental Services, 3900 Commonwealth Blvd., MS 140, Tallahassee, FL, 32399-3000. The ARC will drop that piece of property from the acquisition list, but, the Governor and the Cabinet do have the option, when they approve the acquisition list, of putting that property back on the list. That takes a supermajority vote of the Cabinet, and happens only if the property is judged to be of critical importance.
BTW: Looks like Holopaw is in their crosshairs now..
http://www.dep.state.fl.us/lands/acquisition/FloridaForever/FFAnnual/Updates/B.Big%20Bend%20Holopaw.pdf
I can't seem to get the links to work or the site could be down?