i have a raptor 350 and the werid thing is that the shifter isn't connected straight to the motor, it is conected to a metal rod that is like a inch long and that little rod broke off the ball joints that is on there, and was wondering if any knows a good site for this part to get one, or if anybody has one that they don't want, or if anybody knows how to fix it , i have the rod still on there and RAD 700r's dad rigged it by putting a bolt there to connect it to the motor and was wondering if that would be fine to ride on for a while until i get the new shifter kit? and if anybody knows were i could find a shifter that comes straight out of the motor at a 90 degree angle and come out at like 45 degree angle or something quite like that, that would be much better then that little rod linkage.
thanks dustin
I have a stock shifter from my '04 Raptor 660 that sounds like it is the same setup. Does yours attach to the inside of the foot peg?
I thought that setup was sloppy so I bought a Pro Design billet 1 pc that comes directly off the shift shaft (no linkage and ball joint) now it shifts a lot better. I would recommend replacing it with a 1pc. They are about 60 - 80 bucks. Got mine off E-bay, but a lot of the parts places in Dirt Wheels have them. Try ALBA or Rocky Mountain ATV supply. I would give you my stock one for free if it is the same part for 350 and 660. You would have to pick it up or pay for shipping. I have a feeling that with the different engine, the shifter length or angle would be different.
Quote from: RaptItUp on April 04, 2006, 04:28:19 PM
I have a stock shifter from my '04 Raptor 660 that sounds like it is the same setup. Does yours attach to the inside of the foot peg?
I thought that setup was sloppy so I bought a Pro Design billet 1 pc that comes directly off the shift shaft (no linkage and ball joint) now it shifts a lot better. I would recommend replacing it with a 1pc. They are about 60 - 80 bucks. Got mine off E-bay, but a lot of the parts places in Dirt Wheels have them. Try ALBA or Rocky Mountain ATV supply. I would give you my stock one for free if it is the same part for 350 and 660. You would have to pick it up or pay for shipping. I have a feeling that with the different engine, the shifter length or angle would be different.
if u could ship the stock one to me i will pay for the shipping it might just work, if not a friend of mine dad is a handy man a will torch it to make it fit , i will have to look into it...
the same thing happened to me with my 350. i just went to the dealer ship and ordered the parts.
http://houseofmotorcycles.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/oem_schematic_view~schem_dept_id~1121625~section_dept_id~1~section_dept_name~OEM+%28Stock%29+Parts~dept_type_id~2~model_dept_year~2005~model_dept_mfr~Yamaha~model_dept_id~1119511~model_dept_name~YFM350RT+RAPTOR+350.asp
Here you go, order the parts that you need