The atv I bought included a warn A2000 winch, but with no wiring. After calling warn, I was told I needed the winch upgrade kit. Has anyone installed one of these? Is a simple process?
yes it is real easy
okey dokey, thanks!
yepp i have... it is very easy...
Well, that was not quite easy. I decided to mount the junction box (or whatever that this is called, where all the wires go to) inside the storage box. I drilled 4 holes to mount it to the top of the inside of the box, and drilled holes in the side of the box for all the wires to go into. I routed all the wires under the seat and gas tank, you can't see any wires at all unless you crouch down and look up. Very professional job, if I do say so myself. I'm going to go back and use some silicone sealant where the wires go into the box, make it all waterproof.
I'm glad I did this, I had to use the winch 3 times my first time out in the woods! These blackwater tires suck.
[attachment deleted by admin]