This is what I have been doing for the last 2 hours, 2 five inch marine speakers with a JBL marine cd player, kind of impractical but who cares I like it and can listen to music even when riding!
r6realtor
(http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/8393/newstereo0019ea.jpg)
(http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9606/stereo2forweb3oa.jpg)
(http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/5628/stereo3forwb6xb.jpg)
(http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/8184/stereo4forweb8lb.jpg)
(http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/3918/stereoforweb5mb.jpg)
(http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/8553/handgaurds0028qu.jpg)
I like it,
Might have to replace the speakers every once in a while, but, you want to play to got to pay.
Should sound good on the trail.
Very cool , I say just fabricate some kind of cover for the speakers when you are not using them to keep water and mud out....I would like to do something like that for the wife but I can not keep her out of the mud and water ..so even covers would not help...LOL
That looks great.
I saw a guy that took one of those hunter green coolers from Walmart and cut holes in it to mount everything. It's pretty much water tight and you have some room for storage inside it also.
Not to mention you can unplug it and take it on the boat also.
Nice, I have been thinking of doing the same for my Vinson.
Nice job! I'm doing something similar, but not using a box.. These set-ups rock and surprising don't use much juice. I'll post some pics of mine when I get it finalized later this week.. :Y
hey joedirt, I actually thought of putting some type of covers on the speakers but the guy at the boating place told me they would be ok to wash down. So I went ahead and got them pretty muddy and lightly pressure washed them afterwards, they still seem to work great, plus they were only $20 bucks plus tax for both!
r6realtor
I had some speakers on my old bass boat that came free with any head unit over $99 at Circuit City. They were just some paper cone Profile 6.5" 2 ways. I used to play them while salt water fishing before I had my flats boat and then would play them while washing down the boat at home afterwards. I took the pressure washer as close as I could just to try and screw them up and nothing! They just played and played and never broke. I think the cheaper the speakers the better they hold up.
im pretty sure that, that is the sickest vinson ive ever seen! good work 8)
I just got my Dad that goodyear seat how you like? :)
that seat has been very handy in the garage been spending alot of time in there lately! ;D
I need a stereo on my bomb. Good job I like it.
SWEET ;D BUT HOW DID YOU DO IT
Hooked it up just like a car stereo, power from the battery, ground to the bike and just started cutting some holes for speakers ;D
Quote from: wheelie_boy on March 21, 2006, 06:55:29 PM
im pretty sure that, that is the sickest vinson ive ever seen! good work 8)
I'd have to agree, actually I'd say the sickest Ute besides them gig ol boggers at the competetions. You should wear a black velvet suit while you ride! 8)