I am thinking of starting a drag race in Orlando & wondering how many of you will show every 2 weeks ? The races will be on Friday nights with registration from 6 to 8:00 & races starting at 9 sharp. It will be at Jesse Blacks Saloon on Oakridge Rd.
Tell me who will show & we will make it happen within 3 to 4 weeks.
well that sounds like fun if i get my new quad i would try racing but it is only a 96 warrior or a 02 lakota with mods so i am sure i wont ever win. but if there were different classes i would give it a shot.
Jason
yOU BUILD IT AND WE WILL COME!!!
Stevie my brotha, You know all of the "old" crew form Salts will be there. The only bad thing is on oakridge??, What end of it are we talking about ?? Just dont want to have to chain down the bikes when not running them. ;D
i would say it is on the end that you have to chain them down my buddy worked at the saloon there and it wasnt the best part of town since while we were close by a guy walked into a taco bell and threated to blow them up. but he didnt even have a bomb just some homeless dude. i have only been there once so dont know to well.
well if its in the hood.. i dunno... I dont feel like carring a pistol to keep my stuff from getting stolen.. If its not... then Im all for it!
I'd show,,,just not sure if I'd race, but I'd be there.
is there gonna be a class for fat guys with no nitrous? ;-)
Id@
Im from the hood! So I dont give a shizzit! Ill be there!
you know i am in
Im there because I want to race Ida on his sleeper .
I love the idea but to far for me to roll especially on a Friday night when I dont get off work until 7:00pm sometimes
As bad as I would like to see a new track in FLA.. I wouldn't be able to make it. My work week is Monday nite thru Friday nite. :( :( :( Its a great Ideal though Steve.. Good Luck!!!
i would love to go but friday night is out for me. how much shut down
The bar is right outside of thehood but they have a chain link fence around the parking lot & security walking around so you wouldn't have to worry about your bikes when not racing. We are feeling it out to see if it would be worth it or not to start something like this on Friday nights. Saturday night is to busy to have the races so it would need to be on Friday night if we are going to do it. Let me know if you guys want this to happen or not. If you want it to happen then it can so I will leave it up to ya'll. We should be able to do either a 200' with 300' shut down or possibly a 300 with more shut down. I need to go out & do some layout of where we would put it & then I will know more.
You know ill be there brotha ;)
Man i might be able to ride the Z again ;D
We are already standing in the parking lot waiting ;D. Dont know about twice a month but I'm up for once.
once is good for me too...... if you build it they will come..
its gotta have alot of shut. with these new motors and drag frames you need more room. 300ft with 600 to 900ft to stop
if it on my weekend off I would try it once a month and the rest of our crew could most likely do that
200 ft would be cool. different and wouldn't be able to get going too fast if there wasn't a lot of shut down. 300 and you would have to have a lot shut down like Jeff said. sounds good though! ;D
I am in for it also, But the shut down is another concern. It is not like the ol` saltsdale days !!! Everybody has STEPPED it up alot since then !! ;D
quick ? Stevie what would the track be? parking lot or actuall track? paddles or prowedges or street tires??
Paddles, from what Cut told me earlier today, after he talked to Steve
Quote from: dynodon on March 16, 2006, 09:35:14 PM
I am in for it also, But the shut down is another concern. It is not like the ol` saltsdale days !!! Everybody has STEPPED it up alot since then !! ;D
Not everybody Don. All I have is the same old chit, with a LOT more miles on it. 200ft. sounds good to me, it doesn't give the fast bikes a chance to catch me :drive.gif
yea i need like 20ft since if i go i will probably have the slowest bike. the slightly moded kawasaki lakota. would be cool though.
Jason
Quote from: Chillinthemost on March 16, 2006, 09:54:52 PM
Quote from: dynodon on March 16, 2006, 09:35:14 PM
I am in for it also, But the shut down is another concern. It is not like the ol` saltsdale days !!! Everybody has STEPPED it up alot since then !! ;D
Not everybody Don. All I have is the same old chit, with a LOT more miles on it. 200ft. sounds good to me, it doesn't give the fast bikes a chance to catch me :drive.gif
shoot chillin in 200 feet ill have 3 bikes on you
[attachment deleted by admin]
at least :o Chillen hasn't seen any of these bikes run before. nothing like the good ol saltsdale days!
Quote from: tribal banshee on March 16, 2006, 10:17:37 PM
at least :o Chillen hasn't seen any of these bikes run before. nothing like the good ol saltsdale days!
I said fast bikes not fat guys ;)
smoke says lets GET R DUN.....a$$ and Tit*ies up in that place....in the hood or in hollywood, it don't make a FUNK to smoke....he gonna come and do what he does do best.....
Quote from: Chillinthemost on March 16, 2006, 10:47:40 PM
Quote from: tribal banshee on March 16, 2006, 10:17:37 PM
at least :o Chillen hasn't seen any of these bikes run before. nothing like the good ol saltsdale days!
I said fast bikes not fat guys ;)
you have not seen me in a long time 45 # lighter and still going
Quote from: Smoknbanshee on March 16, 2006, 10:59:11 PM
smoke says lets GET R DUN.....a$$ and Tit*ies up in that place....in the hood or in hollywood, it don't make a FUNK to smoke....he gonna come and do what he does do best.....
what run your gator? HEHE ;D
So Chillin will be wanting to run with us then !!! 200`, or 20` doesnt matter we will have FUN doin it ;)
Ok guy's we will know more about this after this weekend so I will keep ya'll posted.
Thanks Steve ;) 8)
Quote from: dynodon on March 17, 2006, 08:52:07 AM
So Chillin will be wanting to run with us then !!! 200`, or 20` doesnt matter we will have FUN doin it ;)
And I'm all about having fun :drive.gif... :T :T
Yeah, I was just pulling your chain Matt. At least this way I can beat you for a change ;D
Quote from: knucklehead on March 16, 2006, 01:15:32 PM
Im there because I want to race Ida on his sleeper .
I'll run ya on the 400.
Id@
Hey, I want some of that 400 too !!!, All i have heard from Oda is how fast, and bad that thing is after it got ATPed. So all I have to say is I WANT SOME OF THAT 400 ;)
O.K , Steve whats the "scoop" we want to know if we will have another track here in Fl. !?!?!?!
How about some updates Steve
We are having lunch tommorrow to discuss some more about it.
Keep us posted!! ;)
How did lunch go LE?????
about like how saltsdale is doing ??? HEHEHE J/k with ya steve Yeh or neh????
Quote from: LE450-RACER#77 on March 21, 2006, 07:00:00 PM
We are having lunch tommorrow to discuss some more about it.
lunch must have not went well lol any info yet steve