We went this past Saturday looking to ride around Mac's Fish Camp is, and like east of there were all the riding is, I've seen it on GoogleEarth. But that little path on the southwest side of that canal that they have blocked off with boulders, are there any good ways around that?
If you've got this program, type in
lat=25.9320554417, lon=-80.4384734834
So besides jumping the boulders with a ramp, and I can't go through that really watery trail to the right, any good ways into there? There's like those big lakes to the east with dirtroads on all of them, but any ways in through there you have to go through a mining company or whatever, so that wouldn't work.
How about this, and take this dirtroad all the way northwest into that area.
lat=25.9017678399, lon=-80.3878805934
And anyone have any ideas if there's any construction going on out there, and how wet it's be out there right about now?
Looks like mostly dust to me.. what watery trail? I'd think us27 to 997 then take that down, shift in the 4wd if you can get through there with the truck, or just load off and drive to the place. Ofcourse, I probably wouldn't want to leave the truck. Which is why Ford came out with Fx4.
There's another (long)way in about 1/2 down 997. Across the street from the boat ramp, go around the fence(tight fit). Park at the boat ramp so as not to attract the po-po!
And we wonder why we lose all our riding spots. :banghead.gif :ouch.gif
Quote from: AintSkeered on March 14, 2006, 05:36:49 PM
There's another (long)way in about 1/2 down 997. Across the street from the boat ramp, go around the fence(tight fit). Park at the boat ramp so as not to attract the po-po!
ya thats the only way to get back there through the tight gate or when its dry season u can go through the watery trail that was there, but last time i went through the gate which was around hurricane season there were lots of trees in the way on the leveys and i couldn't get back there i have to ask my neighbors...
Well we've got a Durango and we pull a big enclosed trailer, so we're not gonna try any mud bogging to get back there. And I ride an MX bike, so I'd only be riding in this area when/if it's dry.
FishaHallic, what are you talking about, "This is why we lose are riding areas." I don't get what you're saying...
Quote from: AintSkeered on March 14, 2006, 05:36:49 PM
There's another (long)way in about 1/2 down 997. Across the street from the boat ramp, go around the fence(tight fit). Park at the boat ramp so as not to attract the po-po!
If any of you guys have this program, show me where the gate is at about, are you guys saying that it's near the watery trail, because I don't remember seeing that. Half way down 997, I don't really see anything around there... Thanks for the help though.
Not to burst your bubble guys but if you get caught by FWC south of Krome you're in for a big surprise. I got busted and the officers said "if we see you again, we will take your bike and arrest you" According to FWC the county has considered the area a "security zone" Why ? I have no idea. But one officer said it's because of the low flying planes landing at MIA.
So good luck and try not to get busted, you guys already have a hard time finding places to ride.
PS. THAT PLACE WAS A GREAT PLACE TO RIDE
Quote from: Thrumud on March 14, 2006, 10:45:22 PM
Not to burst your bubble guys but if you get caught by FWC south of Krome you're in for a big surprise. I got busted and the officers said "if we see you again, we will take your bike and arrest you" According to FWC the county has considered the area a "security zone" Why ? I have no idea. But one officer said it's because of the low flying planes landing at MIA.
So good luck and try not to get busted, you guys already have a hard time finding places to ride.
PS. THAT PLACE WAS A GREAT PLACE TO RIDE
If this really is the case, I doubt I'll be riding there then, that's too bad, because it looks like I big area with lots of trails on the map.
well osnt there a prison somewhere down by that way ???
Well let's look at the first two responces. The trail was blocked off with boulder, go around the fence and park at the boat ramp so as not to atract the police. I don't know the spot but it doesn't sound like they want you back there and you guys are doing whatever you can to get in. Now maybe that is not why we are losing riding areas but it sure does give atv riders a bad name don't you think? :ouch.gif :ouch.gif
You do have a point, but then I'd say, we're not ATV riders if we never go riding in the first place, but that's a weak argument ain't it. :D Ahh well. :-\
:ThumbsUp.gif
I have been riding that place for 25+ years with no problems.
Go in through the water trail to the right of the gate!!
It is hard bottom and my atc 70
can make it through. :)
The other way in is aabout 1/2 mile west of the watery entrance. The po-pos are threatening to arrest us all only because sport bikes race up and down 997 on two wheels! Security zone? The, they'd better close down I-95, I-595, etc! For the record, I haven't ridden there in a year only because I've better places. But, my buddies still ride there.
I'll explain why it's a security area ... If you were to cross over from Macks on the south side, go to the power lines and make a right, go pass the mud pit where it curves west, keep going about 1 mile and a half and sit there and watch the planes fly very low to MIA . You could imagine what a sick individual that would want to do harm to us is capable of doing. Enough said, don't want to give anyone any ideas.
Quote from: Thrumud on March 17, 2006, 12:56:13 AM
I'll explain why it's a security area ... If you were to cross over from Macks on the south side, go to the power lines and make a right, go pass the mud pit where it curves west, keep going about 1 mile and a half and sit there and watch the planes fly very low to MIA . You could imagine what a sick individual that would want to do harm to us is capable of doing. Enough said, don't want to give anyone any ideas.
Yes, good idea. Much to my surprise, about 3 months ago I found out that the Bin Laden family were frequent vistors to this site.. I thought it was a joke at first, but it really is not. I'm sure there is a mod that could verify this.
Quote from: Thrumud on March 17, 2006, 12:56:13 AM
I'll explain why it's a security area ... If you were to cross over from Macks on the south side, go to the power lines and make a right, go pass the mud pit where it curves west, keep going about 1 mile and a half and sit there and watch the planes fly very low to MIA . You could imagine what a sick individual that would want to do harm to us is capable of doing. Enough said, don't want to give anyone any ideas.
That must be why we can't ride south of 595 and west of Federal in that swamp. :)
can sum 1 pm how to get there im taking my dads new jeep out tehre next weekend and he lives in davie and cant find any place there
So, then, the government should impose eminent domain on hundreds of thousands(millions?) of folks who live in the flight paths of MIA and FTL. LOL
i went out today but we didnt know our way around so we went up like this lil hill down this dirt road to macs and then we went throw it all th way down on this lil levy and found this small mud pit and we road alonf the levys or a few hours i couldnt find a big mud pit or any trails