Suwannee River Management just posted in the news paper that Mallory Swamp will reopen to ATV's April 8th. It will close again September 17th when gun season opens again.
Mallory Swamp was opened to ATV for the first time last year. It isn't very pretty there as the big fire burned through there several years ago. But the roads are straight and wide open. A lot of gators and snakes off trails.
38 miles of marked trails. You must have a specail use authorization, SUA, which you can get in the parking area for FREE. Daylight riding only. 16 and under riders must have an adult with them.
You can get a brochure & trail map by calling 386-362-1001 or
1-800-226-1066. You can also download a map from www.mysuwanneeriver.com
Mallory Swamp is located in Lafayette County in NW Florida. It is about 1 hr NW of Gainesville, S of US Hwy 27. Again, this is a FREE riding area.
FYI Teej
looks like it is worth a drive,,,,just the speed limit is what I don't like, but I might head up there anyway.
Id@
Well, I have never seen anyone out there to enforce it. But there is always that possiblity.
Teej
I believe i will head up there, looks decent.