Bought some chain lube from the Honda dealer then I recently got my Rocky Mountain ATV catalog.
The VERY SAME BRAND CHAIN LUBE, same size can -------------------
$6 cheaper from Rocky Mountain!!!!!!!!!! Of course they have shipping charges, but the point is the mark up the Honda dealer is making.
But I recently found that NAPA makes its own brand of chain lube and it is under $5 per can. I don't know how good it is, but I am going to try it out.
Also, instead of spraying my bikes down with WD40 to make them easier to clean, I have been using Walmart generic brand of WD40. It is cheaper and has been working well with dirt and mud rinsing right off.
Any other generic brands out there anyone recommends?
Teej
do you spray the wd40 right before riding.
all over the bike(palstics, engine etc. and the mud comes off easier?
Yes, everything except my grips, foot pegs, and seat. Everything else gets sprayed.
Teej
awesome .
thanks teej. i'm gonna try that next time i go.
Keep in mind that the oil will burn off your engine. However; all of your tubes, hoses, plastic, frame, suspension, etc. should be A LOT easier to clean.
Let us know how it worked for you.
Teej
I learned it is cheaper to buy WD40 @ Home Depot in the gallon can and use a spray bottle. Much cheaper than getting the cans! Also I wash my quad then chain lube with Maxum Chain wax and soak it with WD as soon as it is dry. Sometimes I will take a rag and wipe over it so the shine looks better.
8)
agreed with the WD-40 trick, I was told that by Nightbreed and the Mrs. and ever since trying it the first time, I've done it ever since.
Id@
53YFZ450's dad here-
Another trick to try is going to SAM"S CLUB and getting their 4 cans of silicone for 7 bucks and spraying the bike down with that instead of wd.Because of the sun against WD is like tanning lotion before the tanning bed,if you have white plastics especially plus the silicone smells better and it rinses alot cleaner than the WD.you can use any type of silicone as long as you spray and wipe for that optimal shine!!!!!
Just thought i would send our secrets out there!!!!!!!
have a good one!!!!
Toby
Quote from: Mrs.Nightbreed on March 07, 2006, 03:18:47 PM
I learned it is cheaper to buy WD40 @ Home Depot in the gallon can and use a spray bottle. Much cheaper than getting the cans! Also I wash my quad then chain lube with Maxum Chain wax and soak it with WD as soon as it is dry. Sometimes I will take a rag and wipe over it so the shine looks better.
8)
This woman know her stuff! ;D WD is the shiznit. -Mark
It is amazing how small bussiness marks up the price.. I work for a company and we have items that we get for 585, then turn around and sell them for 1585. Pretty nice mark up right?
Quote from: 53yfz450 on March 07, 2006, 03:36:18 PM
53YFZ450's dad here-
Another trick to try is going to SAM"S CLUB and getting their 4 cans of silicone for 7 bucks and spraying the bike down with that instead of wd.Because of the sun against WD is like tanning lotion before the tanning bed,if you have white plastics especially plus the silicone smells better and it rinses alot cleaner than the WD.you can use any type of silicone as long as you spray and wipe for that optimal shine!!!!!
Just thought i would send our secrets out there!!!!!!!
have a good one!!!!
Toby
I agree-I've been using the silicone spray since day 1 on mine and still looks great and has eased the cleaning procedure.