We are heading to L-Cross for the David Allan Coe concert, just wondered if it is possible and/or worth taking our dirt bikes down there as well as our quads?
Paul, they do allow dirt bikes and people do bring them. It would be your choice but for the DAC event I would only do the quads. Its gonna be packed. I am not gonna be able to go. You will enjoy it.
Quote from: yunt2ride on March 07, 2006, 08:13:52 AM
Paul, they do allow dirt bikes and people do bring them. It would be your choice but for the DAC event I would only do the quads. Its gonna be packed. I am not gonna be able to go. You will enjoy it.
Thanks Tony, I may take them just in case we want to blow some cobwebs off, is stuff pretty safe there? If we go off on our quads are our bikes likely to still be there when we get back.
There was a guy walking around camp asking if anyone had seen his red Foreman. It was ripped off during the night.
I have never known of anything happening there but if I was leaving my bikes I would probably chain them up just in case. They do have security but security cannot be everywhere. Most people out there are pretty good but there will be probably 20,000 people at David Allen Coe
All it would take is someone to put it in a toyhauler or enclosed trailer and it would never be seen again.
Quote from: Paul_S on March 08, 2006, 12:54:02 PM
Quote from: yunt2ride on March 07, 2006, 08:13:52 AM
Paul, they do allow dirt bikes and people do bring them. It would be your choice but for the DAC event I would only do the quads. Its gonna be packed. I am not gonna be able to go. You will enjoy it.
Thanks Tony, I may take them just in case we want to blow some cobwebs off, is stuff pretty safe there? If we go off on our quads are our bikes likely to still be there when we get back.
If you have a big camp you should be fine, usaully when we go ride there is still people at our camp.
I've never had a problem out there however it is possible. There was a dirt bike stolen out there last weekend. It was reported to Patty and Mark. They stopped every hauler leaving the property and made them open up to look for the bike. Patty has said that if anything is ever stolen out there she will report it to the police and prosecute! They will not tolerate stealing on their property.
However, that's not to say some idiot wouldn't take your stuff and kill it in a mudhole. I've never seen or heard of it but there's always a first time and I'd hate it to be w/ mine.
Paul- I'd really consider just taking the quads out there if this is your first time. Then after you know the property you'll have an idea if you want to take your dirt bikes out there.
Hopefully Mark, Patty, or Mudmaster will mark off an area for us again so we can all camp together at DAC. See ya out there.
The Mongoose that was stolen and reported to us early Sunday morning was recovered in less than 4 hours by Mark Pearce, He found it hidden on the property, it was just a childish prank! Also, recovered at the L-Cross last weekend was a 4 wheeler stolen from someones home last year
and security assisted in recovering it for this costumer! So, there are some
happy ending's. Don't steal equiptment from others at the L-Cross, you will be prosecuted!!!!!!!!!!!
Patti & Mark Pearce
L-CROSS EXTREME EVENTS
Quote from: Patricia Pearce on March 09, 2006, 10:10:57 AM
The Mongoose that was stolen and reported to us early Sunday morning was recovered in less than 4 hours by Mark Pearce, He found it hidden on the property, it was just a childish prank! Also, recovered at the L-Cross last weekend was a 4 wheeler stolen from someones home last year
and security assisted in recovering it for this costumer! So, there are some
happy ending's. Don't steal equiptment from others at the L-Cross, you will be prosecuted!!!!!!!!!!!
Patt& Mark Pearce
L-CROSS EXTREME EVENTS
Not to mention but you will also be turned loose to the lions. I would have to guess a theif at l-cross would have a very short life span.
Quote from: Patricia Pearce on March 09, 2006, 10:10:57 AM
The Mongoose that was stolen and reported to us early Sunday morning was recovered in less than 4 hours by Mark Pearce, He found it hidden on the property, it was just a childish prank! Also, recovered at the L-Cross last weekend was a 4 wheeler stolen from someones home last year
and security assisted in recovering it for this costumer! So, there are some
happy ending's. Don't steal equiptment from others at the L-Cross, you will be prosecuted!!!!!!!!!!!
Patt& Mark Pearce
L-CROSS EXTREME EVENTS
Heck yeah , a little Justice is a nice thing...glad to hear they got the stuff back Patti..Way to go L-Cross.....by the way did you see the 2 cases of beer I brought with me into L-cross I noticed Sunday it was gone... ;D
:( My bottle of Rum disappeared as well :(
Paul S: I would not take a dirt bike out there, the spots that don't have mud are the camping areas and in that area you have to putt around...so whats the use?
Unless you plan on taking it to the mud hole :o Dirt bikes don't make it to far.
My 2 cents ;)
seeing dirt bikes out there always makes for good entertainment tho....
then of course.....theres the folks who have put harleys in the mud out there......now THATS entertainment
Thanks for all your advice.
Quote from: QT314Nfla on March 09, 2006, 09:06:46 AM
Hopefully Mark, Patty, or Mudmaster will mark off an area for us again so we can all camp together at DAC. See ya out there.
Hi QT, just wondered if there is cell phone coverage out there, also how will we find the atvfl camp. If there is cell phone coverage perhaps we could call you when we get down there. If not ??
;D Cell phones almost always work! If not their camp has an ATVFLORIDA .COM banner flying along with..... FLORIDAATV.COM, how can you miss either one?
Quote from: Thrasher on March 09, 2006, 04:11:04 PM
seeing dirt bikes out there always makes for good entertainment tho....
then of course.....theres the folks who have put harleys in the mud out there......now THATS entertainment
I had a lot of fun pulling that Harley out of the mud !!!! What an Idiot !!!