The blaster will start, with a spurting sound. It will idle. I have put in a new plug. It ahs gas and the fuel thingy is on. It will idle but when you give it gas is dies. It almost seems like maybe the jetting as the main jet kicks in when you throttle up but a different jet is used at idle. This is only a thought of mine, but any help would be great. Thanks
Did it run good before or has this been a constant problem? Have you added any aftermarket parts? Have you tried spraying down the carb with carb cleaner? We need more info before we can help you.
If this is a +03 Blaster, make sure the parking break switch or whatever isn't causing the problem. When the switch is on, it doesn't let the bike rev up.
Has it been sitting for a while? If so the main jet is clogged with junk from the fuel going bad. Take the carb off. Take the bowl off the carb. Then take out the main and pilot jets and clean them and everything else really good with carb cleaner. Make sure all the holes are clear and put it back together. You should be good after that.
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on March 07, 2006, 12:31:43 AM
Has it been sitting for a while? If so the main jet is clogged with junk from the fuel going bad. Take the carb off. Take the bowl off the carb. Then take out the main and pilot jets and clean them and everything else really good with carb cleaner. Make sure all the holes are clear and put it back together. You should be good after that.
Right!!!! Nothing a good carb cleaning would not fix, It happened to my blaster a couple of times before I sold it...
ill try cleaning the car and check the jets but what is this about the parking break not letting the engine rev. the reason i ask is i just broke mine.
Quote from: WAKORB on March 08, 2006, 05:03:49 PM
ill try cleaning the car and check the jets but what is this about the parking break not letting the engine rev. the reason i ask is i just broke mine.
The parking brake has some sort of rev limiter built into it so when its activated it limits the rpm's real low.. That could be your problem right there. I think theres a way to disable it through the wires manually..or you could buy a parking brake block-off kit.
The kneedle clip is broken.
Well guys after pulling the carb off and cleaning it and putting it back I tried the parking break thing only to find that it was the problem. But now I think I screwed up something in the carb when I put it back in. Now when running if I am not giving it gas it will die. Also when riding it seems to have a depowering feel and sound, but this happens sporadically. Any thoughts? Any mechanics that might want some side work pm me. Thanks guys
i LEFT OFF A VACUM HOSE TO THE CRANKCASE! HAHAH I know I know I's stupid.
Thanks guys