Whos gonna show for this one????
I want to but not sure my motor is still in a box in pieces.
I will be there. 8)
If my darn backordered nerfs would show up I'll be there.
Lee
i should be there! 8)
i'll be there not shure about the tt trying to keep both bikes running if you know what i mean. ???
:( Bring your rain suits. If it does not rain, we will be there.
SUNDAY :(
AM T-Storms High
70°F
Low
45°F
Precip: 80%
The nerfs showed up today, just in time for the rain this weekend :'(
Shut up about the r word ! If your scared then stay home but don't wish your bad luck on us. We will be racing this Sunday & the weather will be nice.
Well... it's definitely not looking good Steve :-\ . It's basically saying showers early in the am and following T- storms. Supposed to clear up to partly cloudy skies late. But that track rides ugly when wet.
now they are saying 20% till 2 pm then its going to get ugly
Ok let it rain all day at SM tommorrow because I can't finish my motor until this week some time. Come on rain you can do it.
Quote from: LE450-RACER#77 on February 26, 2006, 12:33:31 AM
Ok let it rain all day at SM tommorrow because I can't finish my motor until this week some time. Come on rain you can do it.
;)
I don't know what you guys are reading but sm site shows the weather & it says scattered showers in the am clearing by 9 & then just cloudy.
Hmmm, Lemme go check that......
Yep... you're right Steve
ill be there bright and early. 8)
We had a little mist today but it should be better for the race high about 75
we will be there watering the track first thing.
It should a great day to race.
i just checked and its showing
http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/ski/hourbyhour/USFL0151?from=36hr_topnav_ski
I just watched the news & everything looks good so stop being scared. Who is going & who is scared ?
SM site shows 25% chance from 6-8 AM then just clouds & sun.
:( I am watching since 5 and its showing the area covered by 7. If the track gets as much rains as we just got its over.
What time do the races start today?
The races start around 12:30-1:00.
Maybe by then it will dry up. Its a tough one, the radar shows rain out there right now. There are saying now that the rain can hang around until mid day in Orlando.
Are you still going?
a friend of mine went to sand mt about 2 weeks ago and heard that the place never got its permits for septic and water. the inspector decided that, thats it shut it down. my friend was not sure this was true! he then went on the same day to mullberry and talked directly to the owner (who is partners with the owner of sand mt for mullbery) and asked him whats up? he confirmed the rumer and said that both tracks will shut down at some point very soon.
is it true or just a way to get more people to the tracks for more buisness faster. i dont know what to think but it would suck if the rumer was true.
what has anybody heard
THE ABOVE STATEMENT IS NOT FROM ME! IT IS IN THE OPEN DIS. SECT.
IS THIS TRUE? SANDMOUNTAIN ? I FIGURED YOU WOULD WANT TO NIP IT IN THE BUD IF NOT.
From what channel 9 says it is moving very fast.
You have run out there longer than me, what do think? Two hours of steady rain and you would think its over but I dont know.
Should we wait and call Sandmountain around 8 or just go for it? I dont want to drang my father in law all over for nothing,
Dale has pumps out there so I think we may be ok but lets see if they post by 6:45 & then we can make our call.
Dreth sm has another hearing date in May but they should be open atleast that long & I hope everything goes good at the hearing so they can continue running what they have built out there.
The live doppler is showing the rain is almost over down there. Let try it. What else will you do besides sit on the couch & watch the idiot box.
I agree lets wait and see if they post. I can take him to do some other stuff if the races get shut down.
I think all of you should stay home and watch tv since I have to work today and cant ride anyway. ;D
So make the call, what are we doing ?
Who asked you? ;)
I say we call them around 8. That gives us pleanty of time to get out there if its not under water.
I just tried to call Dale & left him a message for him to call back so we could make our call.
I will turn my cell on, call if you talk to the man. Thanks.
Quote from: T2 on February 26, 2006, 11:47:17 AM
I think all of you should stay home and watch tv since I have to work today and cant ride anyway. ;D
If your bike was faster I would take it & ride it for you since you have to work but I can't seem to put myself on a stocker.
I am loaded up and rolling out in 10 minutes.
LETS GO THEN BECAUSE WAYNE CAN'T GET IT FOR FREE. I'm out of here.
Racing is still on
Rain stopped here about an hr ago and and I'm an hr west of SM.
SM, racing is still on... but how is the track? I don't wanna race in mud :-\
no rain over SM
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,4497.0.html
Aww man what a good day it was for racing. I thought that track was going to be horrible. It was better than any other time I've ridden it. Tires were hooking up real good and no dust to deal w/.
Here's Dreth taking his 1st few laps around the TT track. This guy did pretty darn good for his 1st time racing TT. He took 4th place in both Motos. He's know hooked like the rest of us ;)
(http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/4613/img03916rf.jpg) (http://imageshack.us)
yeah the mx track was great too. and the best part of the day.
I DIDNT BLOW UP MY BIKE. :o :o amazing uhh ::)
I spoke with the SM family am they asured me that they were not going to shut down and that it was just a RUMOR. On the other hand it was a great day of racing. Had a blast, Rob is starting to get the feel back and is steppin his game up in the vet class he was able to hold Dreth back and take 3rd. Great job today guys. Flea Jr sorry I flagged you off the track but I did not what to see you destroy the motor. The trophy and the points just are not worth that kinda money. Dreth thanks for coming down and spending the day with us hope to see you back out there with us soon. Steve, look on the bright side you will have a fresh motor and a fresh knee when you come back.
Yes & the good part is 2 gimp races & we are just tied up. Now the battle begins !!!!!!!!! In 4 weeks we start like a brand new season..
Quote from: dreth on February 26, 2006, 11:18:59 AM
a friend of mine went to sand mt about 2 weeks ago and heard that the place never got its permits for septic and water. the inspector decided that, thats it shut it down. my friend was not sure this was true! he then went on the same day to mullberry and talked directly to the owner (who is partners with the owner of sand mt for mullbery) and asked him whats up? he confirmed the rumer and said that both tracks will shut down at some point very soon.
is it true or just a way to get more people to the tracks for more buisness faster. i dont know what to think but it would suck if the rumer was true.
what has anybody heard
THE ABOVE STATEMENT IS NOT FROM ME! IT IS IN THE OPEN DIS. SECT.
IS THIS TRUE? SANDMOUNTAIN ? I FIGURED YOU WOULD WANT TO NIP IT IN THE BUD IF NOT.
Sand Mountain is not partners with Mulberry Dale is the owner not Don we have no ties with any other track all of our time is in Sand Mountain. Now the court date that we have is for noise a neighbor wants us closed but we are fighting it. ALL JUST RUMER feel free to stop by the office next race day and we will give the scoop.
Thanks
thanks sandmountain for clearing that up ;) now that i have the TT bug you have to stay open so i can start spanking that wayne guy and that steve guy :D :D :D :D :D
im working on the video so i can post it but my wife was not there so the video is not zoomed in real good but you can get the jist of it. dont worry steve, you will get your revenge ;) ill be there there the 26 of march ;) ill be at the nationals with everybody else on the 12
oh yea :-[ i forgot to say thanks to Steve for the screw drivers ;) thanks to Wayne for the skid plate and cornering help ;) thanks to Rob for encouraging me to give the TT a try , and for showing up to ride with us ;) I had more fun Sunday than i have had in a long time...............and i wasnt even high flying ;D
Dreth there is more fun to come in the future at the Mountain. It's an addiction.
I'm glad that you enjoyed yourself Dreth. Told ya you'd like it. Once you get some more laps under your belt.... your going to be hell to deal w/. Man this is going to be a real fun class... Wayne, Steve, Dreth, Dorian, Jessie, Ron, Myself :o . Now if we can get Tony out...
Tony is sceered........... ;) I want to apologize for getting pissed and thank you for bringing me to my senses. Thanks again guys. I did not race but I had a ball watching and hanging around with everyone.
Great track, great friends, great times. Thats whats its all about.
HERE IS A BIG THANKS TO AN AWSOME GUY FOR SITTING AROUND & WATCHING SO THAT I COULD RACE HIS BIKE & KEEP UP SOME OF MY POINTS. THIS THANKS GOES OUT TO JESSE (FLEA JUMPER).
THANKS ALOT FOR THE BIKE TO RACE JESSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
;) What are friends for? I have nothing to loose, bro your leading the points.