ATV Florida Forum

General => Where to Ride? => Topic started by: Raptor660R on February 24, 2006, 03:55:38 AM

Title: Okechobee "Praire" Can you still ride there??
Post by: Raptor660R on February 24, 2006, 03:55:38 AM
Hey guys, I am new here and I was wondering if you can still ride out there in the praire in okechobee. I know we used to go out there all the time but it's been like 8 months since the last time i went. We were cool with the cop out there and he had no problem as long as we stayed off the asphault road. But I heard from a few people that they will tow your truck now, is this true?
Title: Re: Okechobee "Praire" Can you still ride there??
Post by: Raptor660R on February 24, 2006, 04:11:37 AM
the directions to the place i am talking about are this....
I-95 to Orange Ave. In Fort Pierce
Head West on Orange Ave to dead end at 441.
North on 441 for about 1/2 mile to NW240th St
West on 240th St to end where it turns right.
a close intersection is NW 240th ST and Peavine Trl in Okechobee.
Here's a yahoo Map.
http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr=NW+240th+ST+and+Peavine+Trl&csz=okechobee%2C+fl&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=
Title: Re: Okechobee "Praire" Can you still ride there??
Post by: BCConviber on February 24, 2006, 12:50:25 PM
I believe you must be a property owner or the guest of a property owner to ride out there anymore. Otherwise you are taking your chances with the law, and people have been arrested out there.
Title: Re: Okechobee "Praire" Can you still ride there??
Post by: Raptor660R on February 24, 2006, 01:01:27 PM
I really wanted to go out there this saturday. I heard that if you can find a really parking spot deap in there you would be fine, but I don't know if i want to chance it. That blows!
Title: Re: Okechobee "Praire" Can you still ride there??
Post by: Joedirt on February 24, 2006, 01:59:37 PM
You are gonna park your stuff deep in the woods illegally and go riding? Do you see anything wrong with this picture?
Title: Re: Okechobee "Praire" Can you still ride there??
Post by: kawGIRL on February 24, 2006, 02:13:22 PM
The cops are not the only ones you have to worry about  :o
Title: Re: Okechobee "Praire" Can you still ride there??
Post by: Joedirt on February 24, 2006, 03:12:49 PM
Quote from: kawGIRL on February 24, 2006, 02:13:22 PM
The cops are not the only ones you have to worry about  :o


You mean like dem there Snakes spiders and Wild Coyotes?... :M
Title: Re: Okechobee "Praire" Can you still ride there??
Post by: kawGIRL on February 24, 2006, 03:44:29 PM
NO!















The Chobees  ;)
Title: Re: Okechobee "Praire" Can you still ride there??
Post by: MachineDog on February 24, 2006, 04:45:09 PM
Quote from: Joedirt on February 24, 2006, 03:12:49 PM
Quote from: kawGIRL on February 24, 2006, 02:13:22 PM
The cops are not the only ones you have to worry about  :o


You mean like dem there Snakes spiders and Wild Coyotes?... :M
You say in your sig you wish stupidity was painful, and yet you aren't in pain.  ???
Title: Re: Okechobee "Praire" Can you still ride there??
Post by: Joedirt on February 24, 2006, 04:59:02 PM
Feel free to stop in the local Library  pick up a dictionary and look up "Sarcasm"............I weep for the future :dunno.gif
Title: Re: Okechobee "Praire" Can you still ride there??
Post by: MachineDog on February 24, 2006, 05:21:33 PM
Oi! Dammit, I thought it was you that posted he was going to park deep in the woods. >.< Sorry.