Where in Florida do they offer Camping with Cabins , and allow ATV's. Is there such a place for a get-away for 2?
Hey Joedirt, I do not think Florida has that to offer, although the Hatfield and McCoy trail system in West Virginia has exactly that and more. There is a state that likes their ATV riders. Camping, cabins, ride into town for some chow, then off to the trails. My friends go every year and this year Im going. They have a great web site also. I know the distance is a little far but with 3 or 4 for guys driving its not too bad. Check out their site. Good luck.
The only place I know of that has cabins is on the south side of the Ocala National Forest. You will have to call them to find out about access to the forest from the campground. They will email you some info also.
Ocala Forest Campground 1-352-669-3888
I just called and they are all booked through April 15th. They might be the only place left, so that will keep them very busy. I would go ahead and book a date just to get in line.
Great info Moose , called and got a game plan going , Was told I could bring my 4 wheelers and hit the forest from the rented Trailer/cabin....the Snow Birds are clogging up the reservations right now...
Glad I could help. I've been wanting to take my son there and check it out.
You will like it John is a great host...
Do they have camper hook-ups at ONF? If so, is that area usually crowded as well?