Anyone have any idea how I can get the front tires up on a Recon? Tried with 1st gear and putting my feet on the grab bars along with quite a tug, but can't get the tires more then half a foot of the ground. :(
Quote from: MachineDog on February 18, 2006, 03:02:21 PM
Anyone have any idea how I can get the front tires up on a Recon? Tried with 1st gear and putting my feet on the grab bars along with quite a tug, but can't get the tires more then half a foot of the ground. :(
is it semi-auto??
well, if its semi-auto go into neutral hold the shifter up give it gas and let the shifter go down. if its manuel pop the clutch .
ps- make sure u lean back alot
I'll try it but won't I ruin the clutch if I try it on the semi-auto ES.
im not sure but, i do it on my bros 250ex all the time
lean back and punch it! ;)
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,2997.0.html do a search dumbass
On my Recon it works putting both feet right on the edge of the rear rack, and just flooring right from like 1/4 throttle, right before the midrange power. I can easily get it to stand straight up, I have a hard time balancing it though. Just put as much weight as far to the back as you can.
Hmm, sounds good. I'll have to try it in the dirt first though to make sure I don't crush myself. lol
It's easy 8)
Get on the Grab bar and lean back. Just before you pull it up give it 1/4 throttle before you pull it up then pin the throttle. You can get the tires up and get to your balance point if you use your throttle & body right ;)
Make sure you have less than 1/2 tank of fuel sp that the front end is lighter ;)
Quote from: yamaharider on February 18, 2006, 09:03:37 PM
well, if its semi-auto go into neutral hold the shifter up give it gas and let the shifter go down. if its manuel pop the clutch .
ps- make sure u lean back alot
WHAT! Are you joking :o I did that once and you can heer the engine make some weird noises!
I can pop a wheelie easy on mine but make shure there is not alot of gas in the tank because it can add 10 pounds to the front end.
It's easy, just make sure there isnt a lot of gas in the tank.
Quote from: o4250 on March 04, 2006, 01:03:16 PM
It's easy, just make sure there isnt a lot of gas in the tank.
Yea thanks for the info after it was said like 10 times :N
Why dont you get a bag of cement and put it on the back of your quad 8)
Quote from: 2006YFZ450 on March 04, 2006, 04:06:59 PM
Quote from: o4250 on March 04, 2006, 01:03:16 PM
It's easy, just make sure there isnt a lot of gas in the tank.
Yea thanks for the info after it was said like 10 times :N
Here I try to make friends with you and you still give me a hard time.
Quote from: Honda250ex on March 04, 2006, 07:54:06 AM
Quote from: yamaharider on February 18, 2006, 09:03:37 PM
well, if its semi-auto go into neutral hold the shifter up give it gas and let the shifter go down. if its manuel pop the clutch .
ps- make sure u lean back alot
WHAT! Are you joking :o I did that once and you can heer the engine make some weird noises!
I can pop a wheelie easy on mine but make shure there is not alot of gas in the tank because it can add 10 pounds to the front end.
It's got a rev limiter anyway for shifting from neutral to 1st. :(
I ALWAYS MAKE SHORE THE NO MUCH GAS TANK FOR ME TO DO WHELLIES.
Quote from: MachineDog on March 05, 2006, 01:34:14 PM
Quote from: Honda250ex on March 04, 2006, 07:54:06 AM
Quote from: yamaharider on February 18, 2006, 09:03:37 PM
well, if its semi-auto go into neutral hold the shifter up give it gas and let the shifter go down. if its manuel pop the clutch .
ps- make sure u lean back alot
WHAT! Are you joking :o I did that once and you can heer the engine make some weird noises!
I can pop a wheelie easy on mine but make shure there is not alot of gas in the tank because it can add 10 pounds to the front end.
It's got a rev limiter anyway for shifting from neutral to 1st. :(
so put it in second and shift domn and hold it between 2nd-1st then let it go... its not that good for it but...
also, honda250ex, it makes a funy noise if u rev it rediculusly high and dump it real quik but it dosent do it often, i ride my freinds 250ex and i do it all the time...
I'll try at some wheelies later and get some pics up. I can do a wheelie for about 5 feet if I put both feet on the back rack, 1st gear, and floor it. But that's it is what sucks. :( Meh, my bro's getting a 250EX tommorow that I can wheelie. :D
My son rode a Recon for a long time and he could ride a wheelie standng on the back rack forever. Sometimes his friends would climb on the back and ride around on the back tires. It seemed he could do that forever.Start it up in second or third gear.
Aie, wheelies don't look like they'll be anywhere near as hard on the rancher. I'll try it tommorow but, give it gas in second and the front end comes right up.