After a weekend of work and a big pile of new parts Thrashers bike is ready for RR again.
[attachment deleted by admin]
1
[attachment deleted by admin]
2
[attachment deleted by admin]
3
[attachment deleted by admin]
what happend to it? do you have pics before the damag was repaired?
Tharsher brought his quad to my house this weekend for some long over due repairs. ;D
All 4 wheel bearings,rear swaybar links, rear drive shaft,front struts, ball joints,rebuilt the starter, replace one front axle, rebuilt the other front axle out of two different axles, and a tune up.....and thasher is back in action.
You would not believe all the play he had in those wheel bearings!
All that is left is to put the plastics back on..
All this just from wear and tear from the mud.
Doug- I wish I was gonna be able to ride w/ you for the virgin voyage on you're new used quad. Congrats on getting back up and running. It's been long over due. I don't know how you've been handling not being able to ride. I've been off mine for a month and it's been killing me.
Quote from: RaptorTom on February 06, 2006, 03:15:48 AM
Tharsher brought his quad to my house this weekend for some long over due repairs. ;D
All 4 wheel bearings,rear swaybar links, rear drive shaft,front struts, ball joints,rebuilt the starter, replace one front axle, rebuilt the other front axle out of two different axles, and a tune up.....and thasher is back in action.
all that work could take some people years to fix. glad your up and running Thrash
some of the broken parts
[attachment deleted by admin]
Doug cant wait to test it out. ::)
[attachment deleted by admin]
Wooo!!!! I am so excited!
yeah, it's all nice and tight now.....doesnt sound like it's gonna fall apart if u touch it now..the thing was beat to death....basically replaced the entire front suspention, amongst other repairs. but it feels much nicer now :)
it's all put together and ready to roll....battery can use a good charge tho.
i'll put the winch cable on where ever i ride next.
it's been tough not bein able to ride.......part of why I have not been on the boards much....too easy to get the urge..and have a broken quad..
but i'll be riding next weekend!@#!@
sound like you are ready ride now that you have a rebuilt atv
just in time to try to make it to Rodman Dam.
Id@
ooooh...need details!
I'm down for that, if the baby isn't here before hand!
I was wondering what happened to you. Good to see it back together and you ;D
Quote from: Kawa3 on February 06, 2006, 06:40:38 PM
I was wondering what happened to you. Good to see it back together and you ;D
I've been around, was just layin low since my quad was broke and was down for about 6 months....but alas, not anymore!
Hey Doug I found a pic from when your quad was new. check it out.
[attachment deleted by admin]
no way, you found a pic of Sir Thrasher with a clean quad AND a helmet?
whoa
Id@
LOL!
i think that was the first ride out with it!
looky there! my rims really are chrome!
hey, I wear a helmet a lot (but not always, as I should)! especially up in Ocala, those tree branches hurt on top of the head!
Quote from: RaptorTom on February 06, 2006, 08:05:22 PM
Hey Doug I found a pic from when your quad was new. check it out.
I remember when I first got my quad, ask Digit and Yunt, I didn't want to get the hubs under water, well no more.
Good to see you back in the running. Man I get a chance to ride with you again and I'm down for a spell. See you end of the week. Six months is a long time.
Quote from: Moose on February 07, 2006, 01:56:02 PM
Quote from: RaptorTom on February 06, 2006, 08:05:22 PM
Hey Doug I found a pic from when your quad was new. check it out.
I remember when I first got my quad, ask Digit and Yunt, I didn't want to get the hubs under water, well no more.
Good to see you back in the running. Man I get a chance to ride with you again and I'm down for a spell. See you end of the week. Six months is a long time.
I remember, We broke you in right. LOL
I didn't know Thrasher owned a quad.. I thought he rode a jet ski! ;)
i'm pretty sure i saw that quad in the movie "road warrior" ;D
were you the waistland looking guy wearing a chest protector with no shirt on? ;D
Doug, have not seen you on a ride recently, was wondering what happened, but anyway it is great to have it back together again.
[attachment deleted by admin]
Quote from: BCConviber on February 07, 2006, 09:37:36 PM
I didn't know Thrasher owned a quad.. I thought he rode a jet ski! ;)
lol.... Just at the ranch.