calling all cars!!
man i cant get rid of that freakin thing!
i've deleted program, ive done file searches and found hidded files and deleted them but cant get rid of it. any help..............PLEASE!
fix the registry using regedit command in the run box
use the msconfig command in the run box to disable it
then manually delete the files through command prompt
if all else fails back up your filend wipe the partition
and do all of the above in Safe Mode,,,,,or else it might come back.
Id@
Start/ programs/accesories/system tools/sytem restore and go back a week or so, or find a proram called Hijack this , and delete it
I don't know the required info about computers to help you. I do know that Idaman, Thrasher, and Muddfreak are experts in this field and that computers are their career. Hope this helps.
Expert? wow, didn't know that ;-)
check is in the mail.
Id@
I repeat I'm an expert at nothing!!!! ;) ;)
You want to do is first disable system restore.
After some research, I found out this is Spyware/Adware, go to http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en) and download the anti-spyware program. Install it and apply all of the updates, boot system into safe mode as Ida said, and then run the program.
Freakk
Sounds like time for a reformat! :) *brushes off the ole' WinXP disk*
he won't need to reformat as long as he fixes the registry
if he doesn't know what he's doing that he will need to wipe the drive and partition it and reinstall windows
if you need help wiping the drive clean
make usre you use fdisk
and make sure to erase sector 1 volume 1
that way the hard drive will only read 00000000
until you install a new OS